what is more hackable, droid x or fascinate

jchavez

Reaction score
Hi, I guess this is a question for developers, I have a verizon fascinate, but I am thinking about returning it to get the droid x, I know is very early, I guess I would like to know, down the road, what will be more hackable, the droid x or the verizon fascinate? because I love to be able to install custom roms and all that stuff, i had a motorola droid 1, and as you know, it is very costumizable, thats what I miss.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
The fascinate hands down. It has an unlocked bootloader so you can install any custom rom you want. The X has a locked bootloader so you will barely be able to get a rom on the X.

stevonyc35

Reaction score
i can't wait till we can overclock the fascinate.
the source code was already released so we should see custom roms in the near future.
hope we can use rom manager with the fascinate.

OP
jchavez

jchavez

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the advise, I will do that, the droid x is interesting, the only thing I like about it is the amount of ram it has, but I guess the fascinate has very good specs too, I have been noticing that the battery life is real good compared to my droid 1

FrostMan

Reaction score
Fascinate has been out for a week, and it hasn't been even 24 hours since Samsung released the source code for it. We had root the first day it was released.

The Droid X has been out for quite a bit now and thus having more development done on it. It is a lot more locked down though, so it is not an ideal phone if you want to flash a lot of roms.

If you want to get an idea of what the fascinate will have in a week or two, check out the captivate, vibrant, and even the epic 4g sections over at xda.

Also some people might disagree with me, but the fascinate and the galaxy s series in general has the best CPU/gpu combo of any phone, even outshining the iPhone 4 on certain 3d benchmarks.

OP
jchavez

jchavez

Reaction score
cool, I cant wait to get roms too, the first day I got it I rooted it and remove the lag