fascinate or x

cwd500

Reaction score
hi, new here. i have been wanting to get an x for a wile now. well the other day i stoped in the verizon store at the mall to see when my upgrade is and i was playing with the x. one of the guys that works there was really talking good about the fascinate. what is the big difference in the two. i can get the fascinate for about 50 bucks cheaper, is it worth it? i would also like to get a good case for my phone. i seen otterbox is coming out with one for the x sometime soon, but i didnt see anything for the fascinate. is there a good case for the fascinate?

thanks cwd

cpjr

Reaction score
Otterbox has been coming out with a case for the X "sometime soon" for months, lol.

Anyways, I love my X and have played with the Fascinate, didnt really impress me. But thats my personal opinion.

Just play with both and choose which you like.

efh7557

Reaction score
I've played with the X and found it heavy & bulky. I bought the Fascinate about a month ago after 2 years of the Blackberry Storm. I love it. It really moves very smooth and fast! I'm so glad I got it!

Good luck w/ your decision. Either way, the Droid OS is the way to go!

May Blackberry (& especially Palm & Windows OS) rest in peace!

Erin
Denver

efh7557

Reaction score
In Fascinate's defense, update 2.2 should be coming out within a month that will remove Bing and put Google on. I'm def, looking forward to that!

fpatano

Reaction score
hi, new here. i have been wanting to get an x for a wile now. well the other day i stoped in the verizon store at the mall to see when my upgrade is and i was playing with the x. one of the guys that works there was really talking good about the fascinate. what is the big difference in the two. i can get the fascinate for about 50 bucks cheaper, is it worth it? i would also like to get a good case for my phone. i seen otterbox is coming out with one for the x sometime soon, but i didnt see anything for the fascinate. is there a good case for the fascinate?

thanks cwd

The X has a higher resolution camera with 720P video recording with HDMI Out so you can watch those recordings on a HDTV easily right through the phone. The X has a 4.3 Inch screen where the Fascinate has a 4 Inch screen, so the X has a slightly bigger screen. The Fascinate does have a SuperAMOLD screen which is said to be absolutely brilliant. Also, the X has had 2.2 for some time now, and should be getting 2.3 soon, where as the Fascinate will be getting 2.2 "sometime soon". Personally, I love my X, I did think about the Fascinate for a hot minute, but after thinking about it, I went with the X. Motorola made a fine phone here, and some have said that the Fascinate feels cheap and light in the hand, where as the X is solid.

It really comes down to what features you personally desire in a device, if you think you will want a better camera and larger screen, go with the X. If the brilliance of the screen means more to you then go with the Fascinate.

DruidAllanon

Reaction score
It really comes down to what features you personally desire in a device, if you think you will want a better camera and larger screen, go with the X. If the brilliance of the screen means more to you then go with the Fascinate.

But what about performance? Since both phones run the Android OS, the whole Bing thing doesn't worry me since it will either be changed with the next upgrade or you can "tweak" the phone yourself...

A year ago, I finally got into the SmartPhone world when I got my Droid Eris from HTC. I've loved the phone, but it's SOOOOOO SLOW!!! and I want to upgrade to a newer phone... of course, I'm hooked on Android and will probably never go without it... so for me it comes down to more of overall performance and wanted to know which one comes out on top...

Thanks ahead of time!

Cleskers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My D1 has gone to Android heaven:icon_eek:. I bought the Fascinate, need I say it is rooted running Google now. This phone is sick fast now. The one think I miss the most is the LED notification. This phone has none, but you can get a softkey notification app. I was torn also. I messed with both phones and liked the way SF fit my hand. Te HD play back is not that big of a deal for me. The camera quality seems a tad better than the X. But these are my onions. I would have gotten another D1 over them all.dancedroid