Samsung Fascinate vs Droid X vs wait for 4G

MaddCyentist

Reaction score
I'm going to be coming up for renewal/upgrade soon and was wondering what everyone thought about either getting the Samsung Fascinate, Droid X or waiting until 4G.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I'm going to be coming up for renewal/upgrade soon and was wondering what everyone thought about either getting the Samsung Fascinate, Droid X or waiting until 4G.

I had the D1 and upgraded to the Droid X. One of the best moves I have made. This is a very good phone, although I miss the custom-ability from the D1. I played with the Fascinate before getting the DX and I decided to go with the X. My wife has the DInc and that is a great phone as well.

As far as 4g, I am sure that is is going to be great, but I wonder if the phones will carry any additional charges or a modification of the data plans. I think a 4g phone will offer a faster download speeds, I have no problem with the speeds now. Also, new 4G phones are rumored for January, but those phones were also rumored for the end of this year. Waiting for 4G phones may last until end of Q1. If you are happy with what you have then wait, if not try out some of the new Droids that are available.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just saw the first commercial for Verizon Wireless LTE 4G. So it will start soon, but the question is are you in one of the 35 cities or so they are going to start with? LTE won't be like 3G is for another 2-3 years.