What Have You Gotten Extra For Your Note4?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So there is getting to be a plethora of Note4 specific cases and covers but I haven't found one yet that includes a zoom lens like I have for my Note2. Once they come available on Amazon I'll be sure and add that to my collection of model specific gadgets.
In the meantime,I do a bit of kayaking, love being near the water or just about any other outdoor activity and with the cost of these beasts getting higher with each release and the deductible with insurance rising as well I decided instead of spending a huge amount on a Life Proof case I'd go another direction. My wife and daughters have LP cases on their iPhones and it messes with the camera quality and the sounds might as well be on silent/mute on theirs. I want waterproof more than shock resistant so I got this
JOTO Universal Waterproof Case Bag for Apple iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Samsung Note 4 3 2 1 HTC One M8 2014 M7 2013 HTC One Max LG G2 G3 Nexus 5 4 Sony Xperia Z1 Z2 Nokia Lumia 520 630 930 BlackBerry Z10 Z3 Motorola - Also fits other Smartphones up to 6.0 diagonal - IPX8 Certified to 100 Feet White Amazon Cell Phones Accessories .
The phone fits very snugly and it provides a water tight seal and includes a handy lanyard for paddling with my "camera" being close at hand and easy to reach while at the same time while also a sense of security should I take an accidental dip or fall off my bicycle, nothing should goo flying far far away. Unlike a "dry bag" its snug fit doesn't allow me to put extra air in by puffing it out before sealing but the lanyard takes care of that potential problem hopefully. The snug fit makes the phone sliding up or down not happen so I don't have to be concerned that vibration or movement will slide the lens into the bag border area, thus ruining a shot.
So far it has proven to not hinder photos at all and with the mega loud volume of Beast Mode 4 built in I've been able to hear a text or call come in. I already use a pair of Jaybird Bluetooth headphones when around water for their warranty against water damage . The snug fit helps be able to use the touch screen with only a little extra pressure and not crank up the screen sensitivity under its settings.
The cost was another factor as well, it being much less than a high dollar model specific case. My G2 fits as well as the Note2, so I believe it'll work on the next model phone I get next time UNLESS I go bigger than the dimensions of this one by more than about a 1/4" height wise. At the price of it I was able to buy 3 more for the iPhone fleet my wife and daughters have in case they want to leave their Life Proof cases at home before venturing out somewhere plus it's a WHOLE LOT easier to remove the phone from the bag than the daunting task of removing a case then making absolutely sure it's back on correctly next time.
What have y'all gotten for your Note4 besides a case/cover?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I went kayaking with my parents last summer when they came up to visit (would love to do it more often) and my dad had a similar bag that he let me borrow. I have to agree on the convenience of it if you don't need the waterproofing EVERY day. Phone slips in and out easy enough and still functions properly while inside.

I haven't bought anything special other than the iOttie dash mount for the car. Highly recommended if you're in need of a basic car mount that holds the phone securely and I can't say enough about how well the sticky suction cup holds on to a VERY textured dash (tiny plastic diamond plate looking).

Still waiting on the extra battery/charger kit to be back in-stock from Samsung so I can use my 50% discount from registering the device. Hoping thy get them back before my window closes for using the discount.

Looking forward to seeing what other "Specialized" accessories people are coming up with though. I'm loving this phone and open to spending money on toys to go with it.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went kayaking with my parents last summer when they came up to visit (would love to do it more often) and my dad had a similar bag that he let me borrow. I have to agree on the convenience of it if you don't need the waterproofing EVERY day. Phone slips in and out easy enough and still functions properly while inside.

I haven't bought anything special other than the iOttie dash mount for the car. Highly recommended if you're in need of a basic car mount that holds the phone securely and I can't say enough about how well the sticky suction cup holds on to a VERY textured dash (tiny plastic diamond plate looking).

Still waiting on the extra battery/charger kit to be back in-stock from Samsung so I can use my 50% discount from registering the device. Hoping thy get them back before my window closes for using the discount.

Looking forward to seeing what other "Specialized" accessories people are coming up with though. I'm loving this phone and open to spending money on toys to go with it.
It's really handy.
I've got a vent mount carrier I bought with the Note2 that holds it while in a Defender. I got that one because nothing else had the arms or bottom feet that stuck out enough for that thick setup.
I don't remember the brand name but I got a tpu case for the Note2 that has a lens mount and included a 12x optical zoom lens. Amazon has it for the Note3 as well but not yet for the Note4. It was under $30 shipped. I not sure if the ois in this phone will be affected by an external lens but on the G2 it did cause the feature to be basically useless.
Here's an example from the Note2 with the lens on and one without.
892f939679b2189ef2f6fb24f06c20a7.jpg

f4b0c28e0bb2470eb0673a0d9370258d.jpg

Edit; just found and ordered a lens for the Note4 that's like the one on the Note2
Amazon.com Einzige Note 4 12x Zoom Aluminum Universal Manual Focus Telephoto Telescope Phone Camera Lens Kit Mini Tripod Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Cell Phones Accessories

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:
OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The zoom lens showed up today! I won't get a chance to test it out cuz I'm going to be at work by the time the darn thing warms up enough to use. Temps outside in the low 30s with rain so I need to let it warm so it doesn't get fogged up.
Usps tracking showed it was still in China on Friday. A very pleasant surprise that it showed up today.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Congrats! Let us know how it goes.

Weather is garbage here today as well.

I guess I can add the G Watch to the list of things I bought to work with my phone, since it is greatly enhancing the experience. I was sketchy on whether I'd really use one or not, but decided I couldn't pass up the deal vzw had on them and it's wonderful to not always have to pull the Note out of my pocket and/or pick it up to deal with simple tasks.

I've also been pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of Google's voice-to-text engine. I haven't really used it much other than the OK Google functionality of Google now, but as long as I speak clearly, it seems to be about the same on the accuracy scale as swiftkey flow has been.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forgot the lens for the Note2 fits the cover for the Note4
My aquarium, about as bad a lighting situation as possible.
9b3b07ef715f3397804cd43e6cae374f.jpg

I've highlighted the area zoomed in area of the first shot.
4ca13b05f497171d1af25db8eff96020.jpg

Both shots done in sports mode.
The product came with the lens with rubber covers, tripod, ring to secure the lens to tripod, a cleaning cloth, the tpu cover, soft carry bag for it all and instructions all in a nice box unlike the one for the Note2 that had all that but came in an envelope.
Be advised the tpu cover does cover the flash and heart beat sensor so if you use those the cover won't make an everyday driver but it does have a nice tactile feel without being sticky and matches the color of the Note4 perfectly.
Jonny, you having the new watch would make up for the sensor being covered.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
87f062502e73ac64410f4a830e2e23ab.jpg

Young albino Bristlenose to the right, baby sunset Platy to the left,a couple of full size neon tetras in there to show how small the others are in relation.
Oops wrong thread.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nope. The G watch is all work and no play. No heart rate sensor, camera, or speaker on it.

I don't take enough pictures of things from far away to really justify needing this kind of gear, but it's great to know that it's out there if I find myself in need.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have purchased so far for my Note 4 is the Otter Box Defender. I'm looking for a bicycle/motorcycle mount for it that I feel will be secure. Like Mark said before, I want something that isn't going to fly off if I hit a bump or take a spill on the bicycle (I did that last year doing about 15 mph on my Cannondale). I figure that was the first time in about 40 years I fell off a bicycle. Mark, I clicked your link to the waterproof case but for some reason I couldn't get a good view of what the case looks like.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hey Vulcan didn't your S5 pop out of your holder on your road trip to Washington while on your motorcycle this past summer, or am I thinking of another motorcycle enthusiast? (Sorry to bring up the past buddy....that story hurt just reading it!)

S5 tap'n

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cr6 - well that was my fault. I took it out of the motorcycle mount and thought it would be really "convenient" to snap pictures of D.C. on the motorcycle by putting the S5 in my cup holder. Well, we were going 45 mph and extremely bumpy road, something I didn't anticipate.....and I hit a bump and watched it fly out of the cup holder in slow motion and heard it hit the pavement and the bike behind me running over it.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing I have purchased so far for my Note 4 is the Otter Box Defender. I'm looking for a bicycle/motorcycle mount for it that I feel will be secure. Like Mark said before, I want something that isn't going to fly off if I hit a bump or take a spill on the bicycle (I did that last year doing about 15 mph on my Cannondale). I figure that was the first time in about 40 years I fell off a bicycle. Mark, I clicked your link to the waterproof case but for some reason I couldn't get a good view of what the case looks like.
Hey brother, it's more like a dry bag than a case. It's for when the phone takes a swim and not for when it takes a tumble.
If you want something for the bicycle,a neat little gadget called a Cage Rocket can't be beat. Goes in your water bottle holder and is bump and water repellant. I haven't looked at anything for a motorcycle but have been using a Cage Rocket for about a decade now.
Amazon.com Cage Rocket Dry SPod with Clip - BLACK BLACK Bike Water Bottle Cages Sports Outdoors
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Leave it to cr6 to bring up the painful memories. Lol. Vulcan I too am looking for a good motorcycle mount but until I find one my note 4 stays in the saddle bag and connected via blue tooth. Lol

LOL yea. I have an adjustable mount I've been using since the Thunderbolt days, the Note 4 just barely fits in it, and there is a strap that secures it in. If not for that strap, I would never use the mount at all. However, I really need to upgrade to one that was made more specifically for these wider phones like our N4.I am going on my first motorcycle ride today since the beginning of October with my buddy. It's been (and still is) too cold to enjoy riding. Doug and I do a New Years Day ride whenever there's no snow or black ice on the roads. Today we're going to do a "warmup ride". I was amazed, my Vulcan fired right up so took it for a spin around the neighborhood. Going to do a more serious ride in an hour or so and really be bundled up. Of course, it's probably only like 85 degrees today in Tucson :)