What happen to all the GNex Users?

NOVICE

Reaction score
Don't dispute that Samsung radios don't match Motorola or even LG in the case of the G2.

But the Galaxy Nexus is hardly representative of signal strength when it comes to the S 3 & 4 or the Note 2 & 3. Their radios are excellent-- just not quite at the level of Motorola.

The GNexus was a horrible aberration that was substandard in every aspect. I moved from that overpriced piece of junk to the S3, then Note 2,and finally the Note 3. The Note line, in my opinion, represents the best equipment available, which is not to deprecate other outstanding phones like the G2 and Moto X.

I like Touch Wiz and the amazing number of features and tricks that the Note series offers. I'd even like more screen real estate.

And the S pen offers a utility unmatched currently by any other mainstream phone. It's a gimmick until you become habituated to the ease with which you can jot down the divers information encountered daily. I probably use the stylus more than 20 times a day.

And other manufacturers should adopt the USB 3 micro cable post haste. I can fully charge my phone in less than an hour and a half.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Don't dispute that Samsung radios don't match Motorola or even LG in the case of the G2.

But the Galaxy Nexus is hardly representative of signal strength when it comes to the S 3 & 4 or the Note 2 & 3. Their radios are excellent-- just not quite at the level of Motorola.

This is so true...my girlfriend has an S3, and we were out at a restaurant one time where the cell signal is spotty...at least on my G-Nex. But not only did she have full strength on voice, she also had 4G!! I was on 3G,with little to no voice signal. Unreal.

Makes me really wonder if the signal at my house is as weak as the G-Nex makes it out to be. Friends on other carriers have full strength, but most any VZW user has nothing here. Weird.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I agree, I get no signal at my gym but my wife and her Note 3 gets 4g and she gets to listen to streamed music where I use downloaded music.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

en28so

Reaction score
I'm still rocking my used GN that I bought a year ago in pristine condition for $250 cash (now I see them going for $50-$100 lol) so that I could keep my unlimited 4G. I'm thinking about upgrading in December, so I'm already starting to see what could I buy for $250 cash(I know that it's too early to look right now lol!). What do you guys suggest? Maybe an LG G2? The only issue I have right now with my current phone is that is slows down once in a while(I already do all the tricks to keep it running smoothly like auto cache cleaning, restarting once a day, running a custom rom, etc). I also bought a 5600 mah battery that gives me about 13 hours of use, with about 4hrs of screen time(web browsing, youtube, etc).

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still rocking my gnex on 4.4.2! I have an upgrade available that I'll probably use on a note3 or see what the s5 offers. But ya I can see the g2m or s4 going for $250 in the next 6 months or so.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Well, I'm going to be jumping ship here soon. Ordered a Moto X yesterday so it should arrive next week. I'm gonna hang on to the Nexus for a little bit and maybe try loading 4.4 onto it.

It hasn't been a bad device overall. Just time for something new.

gaspricessuckk

Reaction score
Have had my nexus for a week, just made a new thread and i loaded 4.4.2 last night on it. so far so good.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My gnex just took a dump. Hopefully it just needs a new battery. If not then I'll probably jump to a note 3.

en28so

Reaction score
Have had my nexus for a week, just made a new thread and i loaded 4.4.2 last night on it. so far so good.

I just loaded a liquid rom for 4.4.2 last night and I love all the new things like saying "OK Google now" on the Google now launcher. My GN seems to be working faster and less laggy too. I'll keep this puppy until December of this year and will probably go with a LG G2.

en28so

Reaction score
My gnex just took a dump. Hopefully it just needs a new battery. If not then I'll probably jump to a note 3.

Mine just did too yesterday, but since I didn't have much money, I bought a used Droid RAZR M used. Not a bad phone at all. It actually feels snappier than my junk GN.