What browser do you use and why?

trook

Reaction score
I use the stock browser but lately I've been thinking about switching it up because not that often but sometimes it takes about 20 seconds to load a big webpage which in android time is about 6 months. I looked on the internet but everything is so outdated so I would like to know which browser you guys prefer and why?

Reaction score
I think it's 12 months in iphone time.

And I use the default browser, i've used other browsers such as Skyfire, and DolphinHD, and opera mobile/mini, but i stopped using skyfire because it was incredibly slow, dolphinHD because their icon looks stupid in my opinion, and opera mobile/mini don't work correctly on lots of websites in my experience.

One thing that does confuse me, is why doesn't Google make Chrome for Android?

lilcdroid

Reaction score
Closest thing to Chrome is the Miren Browser. It's my all time favorite and I too used Dolphin, Skyfire, and Opera, but Miren is hands down IMO.

mjforte

Reaction score
I'd have to say xScope. It's fast, tabbed browsing. Great experience that reminds me of Chrome on the desktop.

Reaction score
Closest thing to Chrome is the Miren Browser. It's my all time favorite and I too used Dolphin, Skyfire, and Opera, but Miren is hands down IMO.

I will be testing out Miren, maybe even for a few days if it gives me a good first impression, if not i'll most likely uninstall it by the end of the day tomorrow.

EDIT: First impression of both Miren and xScope, both are good but I think Miren has a better user interface and is faster.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use Dolphin HD. I tried xscope last week and didn't really care for it, probably because I'm use to Dolphin.

I moved the default browser, I stopped using it because I hated having to change to desktop mode every time after a force close or reboot.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Dolphin mini. It's really fast and lightweight. Much better than the HD one imo.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use stock, because adblock doesn't work on anything else.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

phrozen087

Reaction score
+1 for xScope here! I find it to be generally faster and more stable than any other browser. It also seems to handle downloading better than the other browsers.