What are the benefits of rooting my ICREDIBLE ?

jnmilli352

Reaction score
Can someone shed light on this subject because everyone that I know has done it has a key part of the phone inoperable, ex: camera, SD card

obededom

Reaction score
Can someone shed light on this subject because everyone that I know has done it has a key part of the phone inoperable, ex: camera, SD card

at this point, I don't see any plausible reason (other than experimentation) to root. I've rooted and RUU'd back to stock.

Until we can get the camera drivers it just aint worth it to me

OP
J

jnmilli352

Reaction score
That is what I thought so I will just keep mine stock and wait for FROYO release cause I use the hell out of my camera.

OP
J

jnmilli352

Reaction score
Incredible? What did you get from rooting that I don't have and if u have the camera drivers why not share the info with others on this forum that dont ?

kamaqazi

Reaction score
I dont know man. Lol im new to this rooting thing. I used unrevoked 1 minute root rooted my phone and am running hydrakernal #1.

I have had no problems with my camera not working and have had no problems with my sd card not working.

obededom

Reaction score
Rooting doesn't make you lose camera.
Flashing a new froyo patched together Rom will...
I think the dude was saying he rooted, is stock and still has camera and can use SD...so could I when I was rooted.

kamaqazi

Reaction score
That makes sense. Ya i was just reading something about that on xdadevelopers. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: