Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yep, no recovery.
AdAway or AdFree, Titanium backup.
(That's all I have on my device atm, aside from ES File Explorer but I don't think you need root for that one anymore)

S5 tap'n

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've got Titanium and freezed apps last night. I wish that freezing apps freed up RAM. now I feel like the phone is draining battery faster than before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Don't forget to freeze SDM 1.0 so Verizon doesn't sneak through any OTA updates and break your root.

S5 tap'n

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I found some information a couple weeks ago that has helped my battery life. (Even though it wasn't bad to begin with)
If you open up your WiFi's advanced settings, there's an option there called "always allow scanning".
Je7jbdJ.jpg
I noticed this box was checked, which puts a considerable amount of drain on your battery without your knowledge.
It allows Google's location services and other apps to continuously scan for a WiFi connection, even when your WiFi is turned off.
But even if you use WiFi frequently, you should already have your main locations saved so there's really no reason this box should be checked.
If you live in a big city and are always looking to connect to WiFi at new locations, it may come in handy, otherwise uncheck the box and and you should notice an improvement.

S5 tap'n

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's not WiFi. I changed that the day I got the phone. The OS is using 64% of the battery and I never had that before.
abetebyr.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That is a little high. But being that you just rooted last night, let's give it a day or two to see if it levels off. Here's a screen shot of mine at 45% and I still got well over 18 hours and just over 7 hours of screen on time.
bsRXi25.png

Here's one of my previous screen shots where I'm at 14% with 17 hours with 7 hrs 45 min SO time.
xzxXDtt.png

Point being, big difference in Android OS percentage numbers, but similar overall battery life.

S5 tap'n

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
After reviewing some previously saved screen shots, my Android os is usually around 15%, but I do have a couple in the 40s with equally impressive battery life numbers. Keep an eye on it the next couple days and see if it drops.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
2hr21min on screen so far.
3eve3yte.jpg

I noticed two (really three), pretty significant periods at least, where the device was being kept awake but the screen wasn't on... See the two solid blue areas in the bottom section, middle blue line (awake) versus bottom blue line (screen on), and the third towards the right.

You'll notice the corresponding drops in battery levels in the top chart.

3b3737e19dcf4a99b7904dc691a671fc.jpg

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
In 30 minutes I'm already down another 5%. At this rate I'm not going to make it to the end of the night lol

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Your screenshot shows you're on wifi and I know you mentioned changing this the day you got your phone, but you might go back in and see if it's checked again.
I rarely use Wifi so I'm not sure how much this may or may not be contributing to your battery drain. You wouldn't think it would make that big a difference, but I gained about an hour of screen on time after disabling this.

S5 tap'n