How do I ? ....on ICS

sjason73

Reaction score
Am I missing something? When I open my phone dialer I can't find contact's anywhere? It has the last dialed number shown but how can I
search through my phone book, so to speak, in order to find someone? Do I have to open contacts every time I want to make a call to someone who
is not on my recent or favorites list. I'm pretty sure on GB I could look up directly from contacts list. Can someone shed some light on this subject
for me? Thanks for any/all replies....

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Am I missing something? When I open my phone dialer I can't find contact's anywhere? It has the last dialed number shown but how can I
search through my phone book, so to speak, in order to find someone? Do I have to open contacts every time I want to make a call to someone who
is not on my recent or favorites list. I'm pretty sure on GB I could look up directly from contacts list. Can someone shed some light on this subject
for me? Thanks for any/all replies....

Yup, don't know who was the brains behind that operation ... but you have to open "People" to get to your actual contacts. :blink: The phone is just the dialer, recent, and favorites.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Actually, hitting the search button (either the hardware button or the on-screen button at the bottom of the Recent and Favorites screens) after you've opened the dialer will open your contacts. I don't like that it automatically brings up the keyboard for you to type a name (I'd rather scroll), but at least there is a way to jump straight into the contacts from the dialer.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually, hitting the search button (either the hardware button or the on-screen button at the bottom of the Recent and Favorites screens) after you've opened the dialer will open your contacts. I don't like that it automatically brings up the keyboard for you to type a name (I'd rather scroll), but at least there is a way to jump straight into the contacts from the dialer.

AWESOME LOL :hail:

toneyl

Reaction score
I use Gesture Search a lot. You can set what you want searched (contacts, bookmarks, apps, music). It remembers your history as well so future searches are quicker.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I still use Dialer One (free from market). I'm just so used to it.

OP
sjason73

sjason73

Reaction score
Hey Thanks everyone for replying. I'm definitely exploring my options for dialer.

Reaction score
I like the new set up under people. I don't use the dialer anymore and just use the people icon because it has my contacts and it has a shortcut to the dialer at the bottom.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2