Welcome to the Motorola Droid Bionic Forum!

Droid101

Reaction score
This forum is gonna blow up real quick. Can't wait until more info is released. Like the supposed unlocked bootloader and vanilla android. This may make me upgrade from my X sooner than expected. And may make me stay loyal to Moto.

I can tell you right now no vanilla android. The Bionic will be running the newest blur motorola has. Sorry to burst your bubble:)

altimax98

Reaction score
The 512 doesn't really bother me that much. As CK stated it probably needs the extra ram. The major thing that determines my next phone purchase is gonna be the amount of support it receives from the dev community.

I agree. I dont think the 512mb ram is a HUGE issue like everyone is making it out to be... Think about these things:

1: The ATRIX has a 4in screen the BIONIC 4.3 (bigger doesnt always equal better, but this phone seems more like the EVO4g then the DX form factor)

WINNER - Depends, but the BIONIC is bigger :)

2: ATRIX has a out dated 5MP camera (probably a upgraded version from the D1 with HD recording..) BIONIC 8MP..

WINNER - The BIONIC has larger pixel count, and probably a newer/better sensor then the ATRIX. Bigger doesnt always mean better, but why would they only put a 5MP on the ATRIX???

3: ATRIX has 1g RAM. BIONIC has 512mb

WINNER - ATRIX.. but like someone else said, the atrix is essentially a dualboot system needing that extra ram

4: ATRIX has that docking thing, fingerprint reader.. blahblahblahblah
When I see all that all I think of is a developers nightmare. It will probably be so difficult to create roms that fully use the features of the phone, that it may be a neglected cousin of the BIONIC. Chances are that within months of release (providing the unlocked/easier hacked bootloader) the BIONIC will have custom roms with ported versions of all the 'good' features of the ATRIX like the firefox thing.

WINNER - BIONIC.. I see the BIONIC as the next D1, and the ATRIX seems to be geared towards buisness users and will be a pain to rom for without losing tons of features.

Thats just some of the differences that ive been thinking about, but I really dont think that the RAM issue (while annoying) wont be a issue, and the community will fully back the BIONIC....

Im buying the BIONIC no matter what :) locked down like the white house or not.. It looks like a fantastic phone.... and my antenna is broke in my D1 :(

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Will the Bionic be using one of the Tegra 2 chips, or another dual core chip when it gets released?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Will the Bionic be using one of the Tegra 2 chips, or another dual core chip when it gets released?

The one AND only Tegra 2.........best processor next to the ORION....hands down

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think qualcomn will rule the roost when they release their chip processing wise. Who knows about gpu though. That has really yet to be determined.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

t0k3ndr01d

Reaction score
i for one am definitely getting this phone no matter if the bootloader is locked or not and the ram is no matter for me

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

I think qualcomn will rule the roost when they release their chip processing wise. Who knows about gpu though. That has really yet to be determined.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Tankster I love ya : ) by the time Qualcomm comes around Nvidia and Samsung will have already moved on. Heck the Dual Core TI OMAP is not even ready.

briankeith513

Reaction score
I agree, and as long as we can't notice much of a difference, I'm fine with it. And I'm sure that the dual core processor is whats really gonna matter anyway.

strange decision indeed. Personally I'm not bothered by it at all but I understand people being a little irked by it.

Motorola wants to plaster "The worlds most powerful Smartphone" all over the place with one device so they back off on specs on another. I'd rather they cut down on internal memory rather than processor and/or screen size.

At any rate I don't think the marketing department thought that "The 2 worlds most powerful smartphone's on 2 different carriers" would work out too well.
so Brian check this out...I've been looking over a lot of the info on both these devices and upon further investigation it appears the Atrix is really running 2 OS's. One for docking purposes to run the Linux applications. So it's going to NEED the extra RAM. So essentially the Atrix is hungry for more RAM. It will need it.

Interesting. That makes sense. I hope u r right and it releases in February. I'd rather not know anything if it was gonna be March or later like the blond chick said at the conference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk