Welcome to the Motorola Droid Bionic Forum!

jnashr

Reaction score
Never had an Android phone before. Upgrade in my pocket, almost went for the free Fascinate on Black Friday, but held out cause I knew it was already out-dated AND the new year would bring new verizon phones. Well, this Droid Bionic sounds like the phone I've been waiting for... With that said, The rumored samsung sch i520, lg optimus2x and the thunderbolt have all sparked my interest. I've been patient for so long, but I'm thinking if i dont jump the gun and go for the thunderbolt or optimus 2x, I will be happier with the Bionic in the long run...

Is it pretty unanimous that the Bionic will oust the Thunderbolt in practically every category? (and therefore, worth the wait til Q2?)
Not sure I would call the Fascinate outdated...are there better phones coming out...sure, but there will always be better phones coming out. If you are still rocking that LG Env Touch, you would probably be happy with about any android phone out right now. Better specs doesnt necessarily equate to a better user experience. Check them out when they hit the stores and go with what fits your needs.

AnotherAndroidNoob

Reaction score
^Thanks for the help. Yeah I suppose that it isnt "outdated" per se, but with 4G here and dual core phones around the corner, the Fascinate will not keep up with them, and its "binged," and Ive heard bad things about battery life, etc.
I just figure it will be more beneficial to me to wait for a Bionic or LG Optimus or for Samsung's 4g phone. Like you said, when they hit stores, I will just have to go check them out for myself.

jnashr

Reaction score
^Thanks for the help. Yeah I suppose that it isnt "outdated" per se, but with 4G here and dual core phones around the corner, the Fascinate will not keep up with them, and its "binged," and Ive heard bad things about battery life, etc.
I just figure it will be more beneficial to me to wait for a Bionic or LG Optimus or for Samsung's 4g phone. Like you said, when they hit stores, I will just have to go check them out for myself.
I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting right now....lots of eye candy floating around! Personally, I picked up the Droid X off of craigslist a couple of days ago to keep my upgrade intact and to hold me over until the dust settles. Extremely happy that I chose that route.

jnashr

Reaction score
I really liked the fact that MotoBlur seems to be missing from this phone.

It has Blur. A newer version of it. But still has it.

From the looks (screen shots) and minimal reviews...it appears to have some blur widgets, but not full blown blur. Now the Atrix looks like its running the new version of Blur and is marked on the back as running blur.

Beka27

Reaction score
Sigh... nice forum.

(Looks around, shakes her head, walks back to the X forum in the back of the room to sulk...)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
got an upgrade ready to go.. was going to use it on thunderbolt but that phone is #FAIL IMO. this seems like the phone for me..

Sal R.

Reaction score
Hope they resolved the "muffled" mic quality that I experienced on my D1 and my buddy's DX and D2.

That being said, looks dead sexy.

cruckus

Reaction score
Im just gonna pay straight cash keep my upgrade for when the next 7/mo cycle comes around but I will have this phone!

Gremlin

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the place for the question.. Can this phone still work on 3g?

JRowMe

Reaction score
i keep getting bothered by the fact that it's 512 for ram... why would the atrix get a gig...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm thinking this may be the phone to pull me away from HTC. The Thunderbolt is an epic fail. The LG Black is the last contender I'm looking at right now.

This device will be in my aresenal I do believe. I agree that the Black is one heck of a device but this Motorola with this rez and T2 will be too much to pass up.

Sent from my Droid