Welcome to the Motorola Droid Bionic Forum!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i keep getting bothered by the fact that it's 512 for ram... why would the atrix get a gig...
strange decision indeed. Personally I'm not bothered by it at all but I understand people being a little irked by it.

Motorola wants to plaster "The worlds most powerful Smartphone" all over the place with one device so they back off on specs on another. I'd rather they cut down on internal memory rather than processor and/or screen size.

At any rate I don't think the marketing department thought that "The 2 worlds most powerful smartphone's on 2 different carriers" would work out too well.

briankeith513

Reaction score
I agree, and as long as we can't notice much of a difference, I'm fine with it. And I'm sure that the dual core processor is whats really gonna matter anyway.

i keep getting bothered by the fact that it's 512 for ram... why would the atrix get a gig...
strange decision indeed. Personally I'm not bothered by it at all but I understand people being a little irked by it.

Motorola wants to plaster "The worlds most powerful Smartphone" all over the place with one device so they back off on specs on another. I'd rather they cut down on internal memory rather than processor and/or screen size.

At any rate I don't think the marketing department thought that "The 2 worlds most powerful smartphone's on 2 different carriers" would work out too well.

JRowMe

Reaction score
I agree, and as long as we can't notice much of a difference, I'm fine with it. And I'm sure that the dual core processor is whats really gonna matter anyway.

I feel like this is one of those things that we'll complain about after using the phone. Double the ram, especially when we're talking about 512 to 1g seems to be a big difference for me. But we'll see.... Maybe they'll announce something in CES that doesn't have an asterisk for verizon.

Reaction score
Motorola appears to have a much closer relationship with Verizon, so it confuses me why they'd give ATT the more powerful phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

so Brian check this out...I've been looking over a lot of the info on both these devices and upon further investigation it appears the Atrix is really running 2 OS's. One for docking purposes to run the Linux applications. So it's going to NEED the extra RAM. So essentially the Atrix is hungry for more RAM. It will need it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Good to see you around again Brian! LTNS! :D

EDIT: Back on topic: CK is this the phone I'm getting next? I decided long ago...whatever you get...is what i'm gettin :rofl3: I've had an available upgrade since Aug.

akira6713

Reaction score
I am very dissapointed with the 512mb RAM. So what if its hardly noticable, im sure the detailed tests will say otherwise. And besides if im going to be dropping 600 bucks to get the new smartphone out there i cant really justify that when my at&t buddy is showing me his new phone with 1 ghz RAM.

I dont wait for upgrades i just jump on the next best thing out there if its worth it. And quite frankly i would hate to drop 600 bucks just to see someone else walking around with a faster phone.

ITheir seems to be a lot of conflict. I hope CES starting in t minus 4 minutes will answer all the speculation

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hey CK slightly off topic. Does anyone know if the Optimus Black is going to be a Tegra 2 and what the RAM is in the handset? I would love to compare the Bionic to Black to see which one will be worth my wait and money.

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
The 512 doesn't really bother me that much. As CK stated it probably needs the extra ram. The major thing that determines my next phone purchase is gonna be the amount of support it receives from the dev community.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The 512 doesn't really bother me that much. As CK stated it probably needs the extra ram. The major thing that determines my next phone purchase is gonna be the amount of support it receives from the dev community.
Not probably, it does : ) Those docking capabilities are sucking up memory

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Good to see you around again Brian! LTNS! :D

EDIT: Back on topic: CK is this the phone I'm getting next? I decided long ago...whatever you get...is what i'm gettin :rofl3: I've had an available upgrade since Aug.
90% there cakes.......

AngusW

Reaction score
I'm going to wait till November to pick mine up. Thats when my current contract ends and I'm up for renewal. Only thing that will stop me, is a Veizon Iphone (and that's only so I don't have to carry both devices with me).

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
Not probably, it does : ) Those docking capabilities are sucking up memory

Well there you have it. This phone is looking really tasty to me right about now.