Weird, very soft ringer coming from Droid??

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I 1st noticed this yesterday. I was watching tv and I started to hear this ringing, and it was a very soft ring which made me think it was coming from another room. When it doesnt stop I get up to investigate taking my Droid with me. I keep hearing this ringing, I ask my kids if their phones are ringing, they both say no. I look in my younger kids room to see if a toy was going off and no toys ringing. Hmmm so I go sit back down and then put my Droid close to me ear and sure enough this soft ring is coming from it. I powered the phone down to get it to stop.

I didnt hear it again until this afternoon when I went to a store. This time I received a call while it was going off and it stopped and has not returned. I dont remember what I was doing prior to this ringing occurring but I will pay attention next time.

Anyone else experience this? I have no idea if, or what app would be interfering with the phone.

here are some of the apps/games I have.

Open Home
Easy Money (checkbook app)
Beautiful Widgets
Pure Calendar
Backgrounds
DockRunner
A Notes app
OI ChecklList
Picsay
Colorix
Jewels
Labyrinth
Phit Droid
XGalaxy2
Robo Defense
Trap
Astro file manager
Better Cut
Compass
Dolphin Browser
3-4 Icon Packs
A couple Themes for Open Home
Barcode Scanner
Shop Savvy
Weatherbug
TV.com

khunter

Reaction score
same thing happened to me on friday. Soft ring from the phone, but no call was coming in. The only way to stop it was to make a call out. it hasnt happened since. Very strange. I dont have any of the apps you have.

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
It hasnt happened again to me yet either. But the fact that you dont have any of those apps tells me it might be Android 2.0/Droid maybe.

showtime2k

Reaction score
same here, happened to me last week at work, I just rebooted the phone and it hasn't done it again since.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
hmmm sounds like your device is contacting the mother ship. You notice any strange lights at night? your Droid go missing for a few hours?

Very weird to say the least..

terry.g.johnson

Reaction score
Search:'Droid Volume Excessively Low or Acting Differently than in the Past.'

This may be your problem.

rkr614

Reaction score
This happened to me too randomly last evening. It is one of the alarm clock rings. I thought I was going crazy for a minute. Turning phone off/on (reboot) made it go away.