Notification stop on button push. Droid Razr

jesusjohn78

Reaction score
Is there any way to stop the notification when a text message comes in with a single button push? i.e. when i receive a text my notification tone rings, to stop it from ringing I have to either wait for it to finish the 10 second mp3 clip or I have to unlock the phone then click on the text message app then open the text message. I would like to be able to stop the ring notification by just hitting the unlock button. Is this possible on the droid razr maxx? I am not asking how to put the phone is silence or vibrate mode.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums Jesusjohn. I am not aware of a way to stop the notification tone by just a button push. I know that you can silence the ringing of a phone call by pushing the volume down button. Not sure if that would work for notification but I assume not. My text notification tone is so short, it wouldn't give me enough time to test it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums :)

OP
J

jesusjohn78

Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums Jesusjohn. I am not aware of a way to stop the notification tone by just a button push. I know that you can silence the ringing of a phone call by pushing the volume down button. Not sure if that would work for notification but I assume not. My text notification tone is so short, it wouldn't give me enough time to test it out.

thanks for the response. Unfortunately the volume down button does not shut off text notification.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I thought that may be the case. There used to be apps that silenced your phone by shaking or turning it on its face. I am not sure if they are something of the Android past or how effective they are but you could try a search in play store for silence phone or something similar.

The other option might be to select a shorter notification tone. If you wanted to use the same MP3 tone but make it shorter, there are apps that can do those types of customization.

(This sounds too much like the sales pitch, "there's an app for that" but there really is an app for just about everything)