My Droid is Haunted!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Okay, it just did it again. Another hard reset. It was a whimsical story at first - but now it's a concern. Any ideas? I need to be able to answer this phone if it rings! ;)

I fear a trip to the VZW store tomorrow is upcoming. Hope they can figure this out. Bummer! First issue since I got this phone back in November! mikey

msblueline

Reaction score
Did the alarm go off... Did it chase you around the house.

Maybe the dog is messing with you and calling you... LOL!!!

msblueline

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Did the alarm go off... Did it chase you around the house.

Maybe the dog is messing with you and calling you... LOL!!!

msblueline

Actually - I'm trying to be serious now. This is a problem that has now happened twice within several hours. I've removed the battery for about a minute both times, doesn't seem to fix it. And I really don't want to go to the VZW store tomorrow if I can avoid it - looking for help here.. mike

biteme

Reaction score
Is your phone rooted? I had a similar problem till I increased the stand by clock speed from 125mhz to 250.

sarreq

Reaction score
:shocked:

maybe you should stop buying the Lucky SD brand Cheesy Poofs

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Actually - I'm trying to be serious now. This is a problem that has now happened twice within several hours. I've removed the battery for about a minute both times, doesn't seem to fix it. And I really don't want to go to the VZW store tomorrow if I can avoid it - looking for help here.. mike

I've had that happen once, where the phone was ringing but it was a dark screen. Can't remember how /what I did to answer it though....

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Okay - I took my battery out yesterday late afternoon for two hours, and then left it charging all night while sleeping. Today all seems normal (I've only received four calls - but they worked fine). This after yesterday when the phone finally gave up answering totally - screen stayed black from @ 2:30pm until I took the battery out at around 5:00pm.

I hope all stays well - I don't need any more grief!

May I inquire what the procedure would be for me to back up my 900+ contacts? I was worried I'd lose them. Store rep said they could restore from their computers - but shouldn't I be able to do this myself? Hmm - I'll search a little later when I get out of work - I'm sure this has been answered already.. ;) mike

Vagrent

Reaction score
Okay - I took my battery out yesterday late afternoon for two hours, and then left it charging all night while sleeping. Today all seems normal (I've only received four calls - but they worked fine). This after yesterday when the phone finally gave up answering totally - screen stayed black from @ 2:30pm until I took the battery out at around 5:00pm.

May I inquire what the procedure would be for me to back up my 900+ contacts? I was worried I'd lose them. Store rep said they could restore from their computers - but shouldn't I be able to do this myself? Hmm - I'll search a little later when I get out of work - I'm sure this has been answered already.. ;) mike

Go to contacts and select menue then import/export, and export to sd card and import when u get ur new phone.

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score

Go to contacts and select menue then import/export, and export to sd card and import when u get ur new phone.

Thanks - I was going to do that, but not sure of the possible issues. Does this mean there will be a copy of contacts on the card, or will they all be moved from the phone to the card? And if so - will it automatically access the card when using contacts? Sorry for the maybe inane questions - but I'm not that tech savvy with some of this stuff. But I am very concerned over losing my contact list. These 900+ contacts reside ONLY on my phone and I shudder to think what would happen should I lose them. With my old Razr I always had backup assistant for reassurance.

If I export to the SD card - will I be able to copy the list to my computer and then inport into my address book (apple)? Will they be in a recognizable format is the real question.. ;) Thanks for any info! :) mike

FoFa

Reaction score
Dang, can't find link now. Wonder how i found it originally.
It was about a haunted SD card.
Who ever heard of that!?!
Caused their iPod to do all this weird stuff, pretty much along the lines you described, but without the phone bits.
They had to take the SD card to a sooth sayer (or something like that).

Vagrent

Reaction score
Im not an expert but as far as i know the export file stays on ur sd card.Its just like copy and paste it doesnt erase anything. I periodically export to my sd card just in case of system failure so just in case im not hosed.
I havent tried to to move just my contacts to my computer but i do probably every other week make a copy of my sd card on my desktop (if ive changed or added stuff to my phone). i do not know exactly what system info is saved or not but i know ill have a backup of what i can.

Last edited:
OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I exported all my contacts to the sd card, and then mounted to my computer. From there I imported them into my Mac Address Book, and presto! All visible and all info is in the proper fields (names, phone #'s, address, etc). Hmmm - wonder if I can do the reverse, in essence syncing my address book on the computer with that of the Droid. I have over 3,200 contacts there - is there a limit on contacts on the droid? My Razr only held a couple hundred if I recall..

There are many more fields in Address Book (mostly business related stuff) - wonder what happens to that info on the phone? mikey

tracylee

Reaction score
Dang, maybe my phone is haunted, my fish are always staring at me! If they see me move, all 4 of them come to the front of the tank and start begging for food. And honestly, they're really well fed.

Neko

Reaction score
About an hour ago I heard my Droid ringing, although it sounded slightly different than normal. Walking over to my desk where it sat - I was surprised to see a dark screen - yet the phone was ringing to denote a call coming in. I picked it up and tapped the screen - nothing. Dark screen. Still ringing. Hmmm. Very strange! I touched the power on/off button. Nothing. Yikes! WTH? So I "swipe" my path for the turn-on (yea - I know it well enough I can do it in the dark). Still nothing. Still ringing.

Now I'm concerned. So I press and hold the power button. Nothing. Still ringing though. I'm turning my head, looking around the room. Am I alone? Is there another phone in here? No. It's definitely mine. I hold it closer to my ear and it's most definitely my ringer!

So what now? I pull the cover off, snap out the battery cover and remove it. Aaahhh! With a sigh of relief the ringer stops! Wiping my brow I reassemble it, and turn it back on. I hold my breath, hoping NOT to hear the ringing sound again. Red eye stares at me blankly, like a sharks eye, lifeless but pulsating. Then the familiar chime goes off, and a friendly home screen appears. Now I feel better. I immediately go to my call log. And then my breath is coming fast again - my chest begins to heave. No recent calls. The last incoming call logged in was two hours previous - I had answered my worker calling in for this weeks schedule. I look again. Nope - nothing after that!

I look around the room again. In one corner is my 55 gallon fish tank - all the fish are motionless - staring directly at me. On the small round rug beside my desk sits my dog - he's staring at me intently, the hackles up on the back of his neck. I glance over at my tv - I had been watching the Daytona 500. Screen was black. No sound coming from it. I think back. Did I shut the tv off to answer the phone? No - the remote was still sitting on the coffee table in front of my easy chair, partially covered with this mornings newspaper - I just know I never picked it up. I look outside the window - the birds that had been cheerfully jumping on and off my bird feeder were sitting motionless on the lid. Staring in the window - directly at me. Eerie! I'm now feeling a bit apprehensive to say the least.

I walk over to my landline portable, pick it up and dial my cell. Within seconds, the familiar ringing sound starts on the Droid. I peer at the screen. Yep! It's lit up with my home phone number showing on the caller id. I breathe a sigh of relief. I hear the birds start to chirp again, fluttering excitedly around the feeder. Looking down I see the dog is once again washing his paws - meanwhile watching me out of the corner of his eye - his standard look awaiting a walk outside. The fish? They are now swimming around, following their normal aimless path doing countless laps around the perimeter of the tank. I swipe the phone with the ignore swipe. Then check out the call log again. One call in the last two hours. Mikey's house. Eight seconds ago.

I'm back watching the race, it's under red flag. I'm munching on chips and dip, reclined back in the chair, comfortable and at ease. Somewhat.. I'm also keeping a wary eye on the Droid - silent in its repose sitting on the corner of the desk. Waiting. For what, I don't know. But I'm not sure I'll leave the phone on it's regular vigil tonight on the MIKRADLE beside my bed. I'm thinking I'll just for one night, perhaps leave it out in my truck, in the garage, locked from the inside... And for tonight at least - I'm locking my bedroom door. And hopefully will sleep through 'til the morning... mikey

Hi cuskit!

I'm sexygal** I bought one of your MIKRADLE, very nice. I didnt see your post till now. I posted today about my haunted Droid!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ons/23366-haunted-droid-hmmm-you-tell-me.html