Solved Weird email problem

JWa

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Desire S
have an HTC Desire S on which I access five different e-mail accounts with different hosts, BT, GMail, and Hotmail. They are all exhibiting the same behaviour.

When I send an e-mail, it gives me the message 'Unable to send email' and the mail stays in the Out Box. However, the mail has been sent and goes on being sent again every time that it tries to re-send, as it thinks it has failed. This has only started in the past few days.

Any help much appreciated.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Strange issue to be sure. You may want to find the mail app in settings - applications - all and clear the cache. An alternative would be to see if the same thing happens if you try removing one of the accounts and try setting it up with a different mail client like K-9 or MailDroid.

The reason I suggest this is twofold. I have heard of some users having strange similar problems sending mail when they were using the same (stock) app with more than 2 or 3 accounts. There is also the possibility that only one of those accounts is causing the problem with the rest.

OP
J

JWa

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Desire S
Welcome to the forum

Strange issue to be sure. You may want to find the mail app in settings - applications - all and clear the cache. An alternative would be to see if the same thing happens if you try removing one of the accounts and try setting it up with a different mail client like K-9 or MailDroid.

The reason I suggest this is twofold. I have heard of some users having strange similar problems sending mail when they were using the same (stock) app with more than 2 or 3 accounts. There is also the possibility that only one of those accounts is causing the problem with the rest.
Clearing the cache did nothing.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried K-9 but I can't get it to send mail and it doesn't support Hotmail, so a problem for me.

I have been using the stock mail app for three years with all these accounts without any problem.

Jonathan

Last edited:
OP
J

JWa

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Desire S
I have now installed solmail, which seems to work. Is there any way to stop the standard mail app loading?

Thanks

Jonathan

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Remove all the accounts from the stock mail app. Restart then go to settings - app manager - all and tap the mail app to stop it using the button top right..

Last edited:
OP
J

JWa

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Desire S
Remove all the accounts from the stock mail app. Restart then go to settings - app manager - all and tap the mail app to stop it using the button top right..
Thanks

Jonathan

OP
J

JWa

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Desire S
I have gone back to the original mail because the downloaded ones were so irritating in comparison.

I have also solved my problem by deleting all data for mail in the Settings. I then re set up my e-mail accounts and all is now working well.

Thank you for your advice.

Jonathan