Email App Syncing Problem

Lastb0isct

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. I have a rooted Droid2 and am accessing my hotmail account through the e-mail app that comes pre-installed. I get my e-mail fine but whenever i delete e-mails they will pop back into my inbox. I have to re-delete them at least 2 times for them to go away...what can I do to change this?!

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I don't remember if the OEM email app has a choice for deleting from the server.
I find the trouble is when I access email in two places. If I load email through the desk versus the phone.

baileyboe

Reaction score
I have the same problems with the email app that came with the phone. I had three accuns going in/out of it and it will work greta for awhile, then just stops sending or syncing (not both problems at the samr time like I would expect if it wasn't "communicating" or "connecting" properly.

With these problems added to the fact that I can't delete other than one message at a time, I am on here searching for a different app to use.

Any suggestions for fixes or alternative apps?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
I have the same problems with the email app that came with the phone. I had three accuns going in/out of it and it will work greta for awhile, then just stops sending or syncing (not both problems at the samr time like I would expect if it wasn't "communicating" or "connecting" properly.

With these problems added to the fact that I can't delete other than one message at a time, I am on here searching for a different app to use.

Any suggestions for fixes or alternative apps?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums App

K9 mail or MailDroid? Touchdown id have Exchange.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

baileyboe

Reaction score
Yeah, looks like those get the best reviews (I don't need Exchange).

Any recommendations as to which of the two is better? I'd be using it for work email so I'd like one that has all functions as far as spellcheck, ability to manipulate attachments, etc. And, of course, I'd prefer one that doesn't eat up battery like crazy.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G using DroidForums App

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Maildroid was the only one that worked...works for me.
K-9 had trouble with my pop3 - some emails took an hour to land, some a day.
It ALWAYS had trouble sending mail.

Since I tried Maildriod - it worked.
Nothing very fancy, but it gets the mail done.

harrellj

Reaction score
I've had no problems with k9 myself, but I have 2 IMAP gmail accounts.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?