Watching movies from droidx to TV

roach

Reaction score
movies from droidx to TV. Will the hdmi cable that connects to my TV let me use my droid to watch movies downloaded from blockbuster.
I watch blockbuster movies now on my phone but it would be better if I can also use my TV.
ROACH

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brisk21

Reaction score
Probably if you use the "real hdmi" app. Beware of your phone freezing though and needing a battery pull.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Probably if you use the "real hdmi" app. Beware of your phone freezing though and needing a battery pull.

not sure I understand what is a real app,and whats the difference,so it's possible to plug the hdmi cable to the TV to your phone,right.
Thankyou

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
The HDMI cable will only allow you to play videos from your gallery, so blockbuster app won't work in the tv. An app such as real HDMI will let you watch anything on your screen on the tv. Real HDMI is unstable though and can lock up your phone requiring you to take the battery out.

brisk21

Reaction score

not sure I understand what is a real app,and whats the difference,so it's possible to plug the hdmi cable to the TV to your phone,right.
Thankyou

"Real hdmi" is just the name of the app because it turns your hdmi output into a "real" one rather than on that is restricted to only photos and video that you record. With it, you can broadcast ANYTHING that is on your phones screen on a tv.

Stormchucker

Reaction score
Any other HDMI apps?

real HDMI gets lots of bad comments. Anybody know of any better way to connect DROID X to HDMI and stream video or will we just have to wait for debugging?

brisk21

Reaction score
We just have to wait. I really hope they come up with a reliable version soon.

real HDMI gets lots of bad comments. Anybody know of any better way to connect DROID X to HDMI and stream video or will we just have to wait for debugging?

Skorched

Reaction score
They updated Real HDMI app to work with 2.33 droidx. I just tried it last night and watched a movie and it worked fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

XimBecile

Reaction score
I watched streaming tv from fox.com using Real HDMI yesterday, had to play with some settings (found on app creators webpage) worked awesome!!