HDMI out

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Aw man : ( I guess I'll give this cable to my sister for her X

Try a different ROM. And your sister must be on a Blur based ROM for it to work with her X also. Its a Moto thing

Boot Manager

cyber3dx

Reaction score
So I bought an HDMI cable from Amazon, connected it, but I don't get display or sound. Am I supposed to do something to the phone? I rebooted and it was still the same. I'm using SteelDroid ROM and the cable I bought was this: Amazon.com: Fosmon HDMI to Micro HDMI Cable (6 Feet): Electronics I don't know if I needed a certain type of cable or what. Someone help me with this please

I've been using a standard HDMI cable with my D3 and it works fine. Immediately shows the D3 "desktop" and plays movies with crystal clarity and audio. The only thing is that I have not rooted my D3. My cable is the GTMax 15FT Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable (Black/Red) So, I'd imagine it is not your cable.

ezMesican

Reaction score
I found out the problem. Steel Droid has the DLNA app debloated, and apparently that handles the HDMI out. I flashed the app into the ROM and now the HDMI out works perfectly.

mamofish

Reaction score
Is there a way to get this working on cyanogen 9?

Just loaded my droid 3 with the latest build, no HDMI output. Anyone figured this out?

Thanks.

aagrlp640

Reaction score
I found out the problem. Steel Droid has the DLNA app debloated, and apparently that handles the HDMI out. I flashed the app into the ROM and now the HDMI out works perfectly.
Can u tell how did u do that? i have the same problem that the tv doesnt recognize my droid 3.
Other question, ¿what do u mean by DLNA app debloated? i think i have oficial rom, actually i bought my cell phone through internet and i think it have the oficial rom how can i know if it have another rom?
Thanks for your help

Tai

Reaction score
Steel Droid Old versions (3 and before) have hdmi support

Can u tell how did u do that? i have the same problem that the tv doesnt recognize my droid 3.
Other question, ¿what do u mean by DLNA app debloated? i think i have oficial rom, actually i bought my cell phone through internet and i think it have the oficial rom how can i know if it have another rom?
Thanks for your help

My 5.6 ics droid3 doesnt work hdmi too, this is because the lastest steed droid does not have the support, check out that in the official steel droid page, we gotta wait! And i also tried flashind dlna zip files from the old steel droid and didnt work!