HDMI Output to TV - Solution

Bdow24

Reaction score
Took pics and video and thought it would be simple PnP to TV. Not quite. First - only your user-generated media can be displayed on your TV. Port a digital copy of a movie to your device - and you can watch the movie from Droid X to TV. Pictures and video you take on the device are also fair game for TV Presentation. Streaming from Blockbuster online or NBC-TV websites...not so much.
Now.. the TV I have is a Panasonic 50" plasma with 3 HDMI outputs (Model # TC-P50G10). On the Droid X > Home > Settings > HDMI > HDMI Format. Change the output from 720P @50HZ to 720P@60. Make sure the cable is firmly plugged in... the correct HDMI input is selected on the TV. Access your media from the Gallery. After you select a video or photo, you will see the special UI for media playback.
Good luck!

Humpa

Reaction score
Oh, I thought this was a solution to get it to work with something other than the default player.

I hooked mine up to my Onkyo receiver and left it on auto and it worked fine (with my various properly encoded videos). I tried some other settings and they seemed to work too, like 480p and also 720p @60, which seemed to be the same as Auto for me, as it should be. It overscans, so I was trying to get it to not do that - I figured 480p might, but it didn't.

It works better than I expected, though I really don't have a use for it. I think its best use might be for the ability to take videos with the phone and watch them easily, anywhere.

Last edited: