Was rooted, did the FRG01B, now lost SPrecovery. No go with RSD lite and windows 7

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
I had SPRecovery installed after I did the DMUpdater app. A couple days later I downloaded the FRG01B OTA from another thread (knowing I was going to lose root, But I didn't realize it would kill SPRecovery, So when I try to boot into the stock recovery, I just get the triangle with the exclamation point in it. At first I was like... Well, crap. SO what I did was I download RSDlite and the motorola driver program, tried to follow the steps here.

Well, now my main issue is that RSD lite will not recognize my Motorola Droid. I have tried running it as administrator (right click on the EXE and "run as administrator). I have also went to config at the top and played with the DeviceId options. Phone boots up and operates just fine currently, but I would really like to go back to rooted 2.1... and possibly experiment with some different roms/kernels.

Edit: If this is in the wrong sub-forum I do apologize.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Okay... did a factory reset, now the phone is stuck in a loop, it tells me to activate it, so I do, after I activate it, it asks me to activate it again.... Continually :(

Kmart95

Reaction score
When you say activate it do you mean sign into your google account or are you actuallay reactivating it?

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

Kmart95

Reaction score
K then the idea I had won't work, but one more thing did you make sure that you installed the right drivers for your system

OP
B

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Okay, jumped on a different computer, followed exact steps in my first link provided to go back to 2.0.1 using RSDlite and my phone still doesn't show up, Is there a certain place the phone needs to be for RSDlite to see it?

OP
B

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Yes, power while holding the up arrow key on the D-pad. I got 2.0.1 flashed then realized what my biggest problem was... I selected the option to whipe baseband data. I found this thread but I need to figure out how to get to the main screen so I can get into the programming menu. The factory 2.0.1 doesn't have the "skip" buttons on the welcome screen.

OP
B

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response, I'm on the 2.0.1 at the welcome screen, needing to get to the programming menu so that i can reset my MIN

Kmart95

Reaction score
Okay well sorry I don't really know how to help you anymore but I'm sure someone else knows how so just keep bumping this thread so you can get attention by someone who knows wht to do. And good luck :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, at first I thought you might be screwed as my information says that any subsequent 'official' (post ESE81) OTA's will change the bootloader and totally close the root loophole. I also thought that your OP was odd where you were thinking that the |!| in the yellow triangle and the stock recovery were two different things. They are not. Anyways:

-With the slide closed, tap the Phone Icon and dial ##7764726 then tap phone icon

-SPC Password is 000000 and tap verify

-select User Activation

-Tap MIN Box and delete existing info and add your MIN *

-Enter MDN as well

-Find SID # and input it here **

-Press Done to save info an return to user activation and then press Home key and phone should reset after programming

* Your MIN or Mobile Identification Number is usually the same as your MDN, or Mobile Directory Number. If these number don't auto-populate on your screen during programing, you can find them by going to your menu, then Settings and Tools, then phone number. Look under "SW/HW Version" and "My Number". You can also find your MEID, or Mobile ID, which you may need in the future for changing phones or updating software.

** The SID # will auto-populate.

After the programming is complete, make an outbound test call by dialing #832. You should also use another phone to make an inbound test call. If the calls fail, try *228 option 1 before repeating manually programing. Hope this helps!

From this:

How to Manually Program Your Verizon Motorola Android Phone - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Hope that helps, good luck