RSD Lite does not recognize my moto..

Ominous

Reaction score
Me too

I am having the same issue and I have tried everything I can find in forums. RSD Lite will not show my phone. I really want FroYo but this is getting seriously frustrating. :icon_evil:

Last edited:

anilraj420

Reaction score
i got it to work all u have to do is when u click on rsd lite first hold down on shift then right click then run..after go to options an set it to run first time..its something first ull see it..just do that and then it should find it

Ominous

Reaction score
Also I just noticed that when my phone is plugged in normally it shows up as a Motorola a855, but when it is on the loader screen it shows up in device manager only as SE Flash OMAP3430 MI. Does this mean anything?

anilraj420

Reaction score
idk just run the file and wate takes like ten mins then it should restart stock and u got it from there

DroidFan88

Reaction score
Make sure that you are running it as administrator by right clicking on the icon before opening the program. Just because you may be logged in as administrator on your computer doesn't mean that the RSD lite is running as administrator. Right click on the icon, go into Properties and then click on Compatibility. You will see towards the bottom a box to check to run it as administrator.
Once you do that, you should see your phone listed in one of the com port spots. It's an easy problem to forget to do.

l8nitesurfer

Reaction score
I am having issues with RSD lite. Any help would be great.

System configuration.
Windows 7 64bit

I have tried to run RSD lite v4.6 as admin and also not as admin. I am able to get the Phone to show up in the list but I am not able to get the start button to turn active. Its grayed out.

I have tried following the post about running RSD from the command prompt both as admin and not. Both of these solutions return with the Start button enabled and .sbf file show up but the Phone is not in the list.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Browse through the thread in the 3rd link in my signature. There are a bunch of various RSD Lite solutions in there, including 2-3 things to try when the start button remains grayed out.

It could be an admin thing, it could be a sbf thing, it could be a config thing. Not sure which combination you need to hit on.

mattbuds

Reaction score
So staying with the RSD Lite subject, my phone shows up fine however the SPF file will not recognise, meaning it wont show any file properties at all. The start button is not grayed out and can be pushed which I did try and it just failed immediatly. Anyone have this happen where it doesnt rec the file?

xNightowLx

Reaction score
Hey guys had the very same problem. I had tried everything. Then I turned off my phone restarted it, restarted my computer with the phone connected theb ran RSD as ADMIN. (by right-clicking and selecting " Run As Admin ". I am not sure what excatly made it work probably just the Admin but my phone showed up in RSD. I am attempting to root it now. I will post my results shortly.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Last edited: