Waiting for gps signal???

REMilk

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 and occasionally I have this same problem - "waiting for GPS signal". To me it appears as though the GPS in the Droid has lost calibration (a similar thing occasionally would happens to my stand-alone GPS and to built-in compass in the car requiring me to recalibrate them)

It is very easy to recalibrate your GPS in your Droid.

1. Go outside to a spot that has a clear view of the sky.
2. Turn on the phone, turn on GPS, and Maps (you might want to set a route so it searches for the satellites).
3. Holding the Droid Face up in the portrait position, move your arm/hand with the droid slowly in a figure-8 motion, keeping the phone parallel to the ground. Repeat the figure-8 motion at least 5 times.
4. Turn off the Maps
5. Turn maps on, the try to navigate.

Whenever I recalibrate the GPS in the Droid, it then quickly locks on the satellites.

Good luck,
Bob

geojock

Reaction score
To me this doesn’t seem like a GPS or even calibration issue. It seems to be software. It maps it doesn’t find my location, but it does even seem like its attempting to use the GPS.. like it doesn’t know that it is there. When I go through the process of turning GPS off then on again, then go back into maps it works just fine.

I love the droid because of the GPS, but this makes me wish I had got an Iphone. When I need my GPS, I really need my GPS right then, I don’t have time to turn it off then on again to fix the problem.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work no matter what. Got a replacement phone today but the backlight on a few of the keys was messed up so now I have to wait on a replacement for the replacement.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk