Any other D3 that can't find GPS signal?

cyber3dx

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I am beginning to hate my D3. I've had the D1, D2 and D3. But, getting real tired of this BS. Using Google Navigation in the Directions mode under the "Follow the route" screen, it keeps "searching for GPS" It gets stuck there and sometimes it can take several minutes to find a signal - if ever. I usually have to be driving for it to find a signal and that can go on for several blocks.

I've already done a reset via the Privacy screen. Not done an External Key reset yet.

This is my issue this month. I've had so many other issues with it.....anyway.

Uncle700

Reaction score
I find that sometimes my D3 will lose the GPS also. Will not show the radar icon on the top bar. I go to settings, location, and then unchecked the check boxes. Wait a few seconds and then re-check the check boxes and then I will have GPS working again. I also use GPS Status. If I use GPS Status or Google Maps a least once a day, I do not seem to lose the active GPS as much. Never lost GPS with the D1 or D2G.

OP
cyber3dx

cyber3dx

Reaction score
I wish that worked for my phone. Unfortunate. But, then I can't do that each route I have to take during my drive. Sucks.

I may have to go over to the dark side.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try faster fix from the play store? just a thought

7 VII 7

Reaction score
I am having the same issues. I just got a D3 from a D2 and right off the bat I cannot use Google Navigation. SO FRUSTRATING. I have the 1st two check boxes for Google GPS and 3rd Part GPS... still can get a signal to track me while I drive.

OP
cyber3dx

cyber3dx

Reaction score
It's a disgusting situation. Why have they abandoned what was supposed to be their lead product (at the time)? This has been the worst Motorola phone I've ever had. GPS worked fine for the frist year. Then at one particular OS update it all started to fall apart. From FCs, to skipping video, to no GPS signals it has been a nightmare.

KZ_259

Reaction score
yeah, i have the same issue as well. my fix is simply restarting the phone. it always works if the GPS has no signal or if the GPS is taking forever finding your location. i hate this phone, too, but i hate my impatience even more.

karrth

Reaction score
I have had a lot of GPS problems recently, but I've fixed it by using this gps.conf file (attached).

Rename it to gps.conf and toss it in /etc/ using Root Explorer, ADB or something similar, reboot your phone, and voila!

It used to take my phone 3-5 minutes to get a lock before, if it ever decided to at all. And it would only be 3-5/7-9 satellites locked/seen... now it gets 10-14/18-20 locked/seen usually within a minute!

Edit: This is only with Standalone GPS Services, not Google or VZW services. Using GPS Status or GPS Test to update A-GPS state still helps.

Attachments

• gps.conf.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 559