You achieved FCR! :icon_ banana:[/QUOTE]

.....*shakes head....
omfg....:soapbox:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
My quick question. I have two phones on my plan. I upgraded to my Imagio exactly 32 days before the Droid came out, so needless to say, too early for any kind of price break on an upgrade, even the early upgrade, My wife's phone is due for the early upgrade in about three weeks. Can I use her phone for the upgrade to get the Droid but apply it to my phone or will she now be subject to the data plan fee, even if she stays with her old phone? She doesn't currently have a data plan.

I know, I probably could have worded that a little better. If you need clarification, let me know.

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score
My quick question. I have two phones on my plan. I upgraded to my Imagio exactly 32 days before the Droid came out, so needless to say, too early for any kind of price break on an upgrade, even the early upgrade, My wife's phone is due for the early upgrade in about three weeks. Can I use her phone for the upgrade to get the Droid but apply it to my phone or will she now be subject to the data plan fee, even if she stays with her old phone? She doesn't currently have a data plan.

I know, I probably could have worded that a little better. If you need clarification, let me know.

nope, good question, the only phone number that requires a data plan, is a phhone number with a smartphone (or semi smart) on the plan. so if you currently have (for instance) a Razr, and she upgrades her phone to the moto droid, and then all you haveto do is call cust service, and have them do what is called an "esn swap", putting the razr on her number, and the moto droid on yours. Voila.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

nope, good question, the only phone number that requires a data plan, is a phhone number with a smartphone (or semi smart) on the plan. so if you currently have (for instance) a Razr, and she upgrades her phone to the moto droid, and then all you haveto do is call cust service, and have them do what is called an "esn swap", putting the razr on her number, and the moto droid on yours. Voila.
That makes sense. Since I have the Imagio, basically, I'll ask them to apply the upgrade to her phone but upgrade the Droid on my EIN. Think that sounds right.

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score

That makes sense. Since I have the Imagio, basically, I'll ask them to apply the upgrade to her phone but upgrade the Droid on my EIN. Think that sounds right.

go into the store (or do it online to get the instant rebate) and upgrade her phone, once you get the droid, and it HAS BEEN ACTIVATED on her number, only then can you swap esn's and give her your imagio, and take the moto droid for yourself.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
i've been on VZW before it was VZW-"it is the network"....end of story

nerdbox08

Reaction score

go into the store (or do it online to get the instant rebate) and upgrade her phone, once you get the droid, and it HAS BEEN ACTIVATED on her number, only then can you swap esn's and give her your imagio, and take the moto droid for yourself.

What about alternative number upgrades? Wouldn't this fall under that category?

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score

it would, however if you go into a store throwing around things like "alternative number upgrades"....more often than not, the rep will have no clue how to do, or even WHAT that is. so....its just easier this way IMHO.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

it would, however if you go into a store throwing around things like "alternative number upgrades"....more often than not, the rep will have no clue how to do, or even WHAT that is. so....its just easier this way IMHO.

My rep was the one who told me, that's very interesting.

Do not all reps get informed of the same information?

(not flaming, just curious)

OP
tylonal

tylonal

Reaction score

My rep was the one who told me, that's very interesting.

Do not all reps get informed of the same information?

(not flaming, just curious)

haha, you would think....
alas, this is not the case. depending where a rep is trained, who trained them, and how long the training is....ya know?
i can speak from personal experience, that when i was going thru my training, there were 8 different trainers for 8 different classes of 25 or MORE people. so...as you can imagine, over the course of a 7 or 8 week training course, things get missed, taught wrong, and skipped over.
i hate to say it. but its a fact. lol
so no.
witch is why whenever you call in, it is going to be a different experience.

Ace Benjamin

Reaction score
Hey thanks for being here. I haven't had any problems with VZW yet. All gravy. VZW to me is the best service I've had yet (incl. Sprint, Metro, AT&T, Alltel).

Do you have any info on rollever minutes and if you will ever offer it??

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for being here. I haven't had any problems with VZW yet. All gravy. VZW to me is the best service I've had yet (incl. Sprint, Metro, AT&T, Alltel).

Do you have any info on rollever minutes and if you will ever offer it??
No need....if you are on the right plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.