Vzw in ICS training

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the rant is pretty much wrong.

Contests almost always end on the day the product will be released, it's to build up hype for the release. Items are always sent out way later because you have to verify your identity and they allow for shipping times ect... It was the exact same time frame for the Bionic.

Most likely they'll release the Nexus on the 17th or the 21st and not advertise it until after black friday. It allows them to tell samsung they released it prior to black friday, which they may be contractually obligated to and they don't have to advertise for it during their push with the Razr and Rezound.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

Contests almost always end on the day the product will be released, it's to build up hype for the release. Items are always sent out way later because you have to verify your identity and they allow for shipping times ect... It was the exact same time frame for the Bionic.

Most likely they'll release the Nexus on the 17th or the 21st and not advertise it until after black friday. It allows them to tell samsung they released it prior to black friday, which they may be contractually obligated to and they don't have to advertise for it during their push with the Razr and Rezound.

I think that they're going to make a big advertising push for the Galaxy Nexus after the Razr and Rezound are both out, so... around the 17th.

edan

Reaction score
tired of the wait

I know allot of us are getting tired of waiting, especially with complete silence when it comes to a release date. Its obvious that the nexus is the better choice over the razr or rezound but I was wondering if anyone decided they weren't waiting any longer and got the razr. I'm tempted to but I know I will probably regret it. Has anybody given up and went with the razr instead?

Bixby

Reaction score

Well said, as most of the posts I've read of yours are ;-)
If true, when do you suspect they will actually announce the release date to us? I'm hoping 4 Monday, 11/14?!?
It's the ambiguity that's killing me (& all of us, I suspect)! It is not healthy OBSESSING like this...waiting, scouring the web, waiting, dreaming of the phone, having nightmares about delays, waiting, watching the same youtube videos over & over, waiting...all 4 a freaking phone (how superficial I am, haha)!!! Well, you get the point...
Enough with this silence already!

wolstonc

Reaction score
It will probably be the 21st. Despite whatever training VZW makes ya do, you don't really know how to work out specific bugs with a new phone until you've done a couple. Same with tech support. It takes 3-4 calls of a phone before you know most of the bugs with it. So if 7-10 people had the phone and no one else did, they would be pretty much abandoned when calling customer care. And I've never heard of that happening, even when people get phones before release dates due to preorders (rezound, iPhone), you still get a few calls even when its a small numbered that have it. A call center will have had a few dozen calls for the phone. But with just seven out, there would be a call center full of people which no one knows how to troubleshoot the phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

joker402

Reaction score
Untill you work in the industry (former Big Red employee) you wont know how much dumber customers (not every one of course) are than reps. Some of the things I saw made me just shake my head. Yea there were some people that I wondered who they "knew" to get a job there but wow customers take the cake, and its like that in every company.

My inside sources say that 21st should be launch date, with preorders mid week coming up. Training is live but no one wants to send me any screen shots (not suprised considering they watermark these).

I for one am glad I dont work in the cell phone industry but to say VZW reps are dumb asses is just ignorant, try working with the public a few years and you'll question humanity as a whole.

Reaction score
I had a customer come into the auto parts store where I worked last year and say
"I need one of those things that, you know.. ::eek:pen and closed her hand to indicate a on and off type behavior:: ..
I replied " Yeah, a blinker. (polity) Sure, I can help with that. What the year make model of the car?"
Customer replies " Uhh I'm not sure. I think its like a 98 or something."

When I went to go check her door sticker for the build date it said 05/87... I hear you on stupidity... but in her defense she was really really nice so it want a big deal.

joker402

Reaction score
I had a customer come into the auto parts store where I worked last year and say
"I need one of those things that, you know.. ::eek:pen and closed her hand to indicate a on and off type behavior:: ..
I replied " Yeah, a blinker. (polity) Sure, I can help with that. What the year make model of the car?"
Customer replies " Uhh I'm not sure. I think its like a 98 or something."

When I went to go check her door sticker for the build date it said 05/87... I hear you on stupidity... but in her defense she was really really nice so it want a big deal.
Thats a rare coinsurance in the cell phone industry.

afrchutch

Reaction score
Got the RAZR today as my OG is on its last breath.. not to impressed yet so i'm sure i'll swap it for the Galaxy, hopefully its not to long of a wait.

Played with a razr for a bit yesterday at my mall kiosk. I hated it. I think either nexus or rezound will be my next one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Abs

Reaction score
+1 haha

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

cdf3

Reaction score
Untill you work in the industry (former Big Red employee) you wont know how much dumber customers (not every one of course) are than reps. Some of the things I saw made me just shake my head. Yea there were some people that I wondered who they "knew" to get a job there but wow customers take the cake, and its like that in every company.

My inside sources say that 21st should be launch date, with preorders mid week coming up. Training is live but no one wants to send me any screen shots (not suprised considering they watermark these).

I for one am glad I dont work in the cell phone industry but to say VZW reps are dumb asses is just ignorant, try working with the public a few years and you'll question humanity as a whole.

I agree that there are quite a few customers that are clueless as to how to use their phones.
People running out getting the latest smartphone, but are clueless as to how to use it.
Those of us on the forums are the exceptions, but we are a very small percentage.
As for release date, I'm starting to think it will be released on the 21st as well.
If preorders start next week, is there a chance they will be shipped and received later than the 21st? I'd hate to preorder, then have it shipped later than the 21st, while everyone else will be able to walk into the store and grab one in that date. That is, if it will actually be available in stores.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

joker402

Reaction score
I agree that there are quite a few customers that are clueless as to how to use their phones.
People running out getting the latest smartphone, but are clueless as to how to use it.
Those of us on the forums are the exceptions, but we are a very small percentage.
As for release date, I'm starting to think it will be released on the 21st as well.
If preorders start next week, is there a chance they will be shipped and received later than the 21st? I'd hate to preorder, then have it shipped later than the 21st, while everyone else will be able to walk into the store and grab one in that date. That is, if it will actually be available in stores.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
Pre orders usally arrive on the day its realsed in store. Some people have been lucky enough to get it before but that seems to had died down. Still preorder is better if rumors of online only pan our (possiblity since almost no marketting is up yet and its a nexus).

afrchutch

Reaction score
what was so bad about it

It was way too big. Honestly I think 4.3" is the perfect size for a phone screen. I liked how thin it was but it took up way too much real estate. I couldn't even use it with one hand actually. I tried to tap on the screen while holding it and I damn near dropped it every time. And the tapered portions on the ends on the phone do nothing to help either. It seemed nice other than that but PERSONALLY, If I can't even hold my device its a no go.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

phantom5623

Reaction score
Well then I guess ill be getting a redondo cause according to the reps in my store the nexus doesn't exist and the rezound got renamed to something even worse hahaha.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums