Vzw in ICS training

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
News
Nov 11 AT 5:06 PM Edgar Cervantes 0 Comments [h=2]Verizon Galaxy Nexus training has started, release coming in two weeks?[/h]

In the midst of all the pacing around and hair pulling in desperation to find out when the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be released, a small spark of hope has just hit our inbox. A Verizon tipster sent in a screenshot that proves device training has begun (also includes the Rezound).
This is a normal sign of a device to be released soon, but we still do not know the exact date. It could take a week, two weeks, or maybe more (if we are in bad luck). We certainly do not expect the device to be delayed past November, though.
This unbearable waiting game should not be lasting too much longer. What do you guys say? Are you ready for some ICS action?
Thanks, Anonymous!

Verizon Galaxy Nexus training has started, release coming in two weeks? | Android and Me

Hmm would like to find out from a rep....even so time will tell. Any way thanks Androidandme for adding more anxiety to the already anxious nexus fans.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Got the RAZR today as my OG is on its last breath.. not to impressed yet so i'm sure i'll swap it for the Galaxy, hopefully its not to long of a wait.

brandon9559

Reaction score
Verizon Galaxy Nexus training has started, release coming in two weeks? | Android and Me

Hmm would like to find out from a rep....even so time will tell. Any way thanks Androidandme for adding more anxiety to the already anxious nexus fans.

The first one is just a small video that doesnt amount to much at all, the second one is a training on the ICS operating system itself. I took them both today and posted a few screen caps earlier of the second one in this thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus/181883-please-reassure-me-will-pure-google-phone.html

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Eww that screen looks aweful... I think thats the Nexus device screen... i dont want that. :icon_ devil:

EDIT: thanks for the info.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's probably a computer monitor, just fyi. Anything looks like that at macro detail. Check your 1080P TV out at 1'' viewing distance, you'll be frightened by the pixel size.

mightybrick

Reaction score
That's probably a computer monitor, just fyi. Anything looks like that at macro detail. Check your 1080P TV out at 1'' viewing distance, you'll be frightened by the pixel size.
This time I forgot my /sarcasm. I'm not worried about the Nexus screen one bit.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know you were being sarcastic=P Was just pointing out to whom ever that it's most likely on a monitor.

brandon9559

Reaction score
It is a picture taken of a monitor showing two trainings in the Verizon training center (vzlearn). Not a phone screen.

Reaction score
I know it is a PC screen... I am not concerned with any new device screen They will all be nice. ;)

vince5623

Reaction score
Ever since I've heard of this and the giveaway it isnt giving me the 21st. Sure the contest ends on the 21st but winners don't get it till a week after they sent in their answers so only now through monday gets it by or before "release" so the first day you can get your winnings is next Saturday and last day is dec. 5th which is out of the November window which is confirmed(for me anyway) and there is no mention of LTE btw. With the training vids out Friday and it only really takes like 15 minutes to watch them and the cases and accessories already in store, it seems like its gonna be next week. Thursday/Friday seems good since they need some hands on training too...unless they do that over the weekend and idk if they would do that but if they did I'm going with my optimistic guess of the 14th. All the buzz with the rezound would kill the nexus pr but from the chart we saw ads for the nexus dont really start till after black friday so maybe they want the razr(POS)and rezound(most likely a POS) to carry them to black friday then let the nexus and razr/moto portfolio carry them into the holidays with buzz starting in store when they go to get the rezound. VZW doesn't care much about HTC phones from what I've seen(never saw a TB commercial ever until the levels of people angry was finally lower than the happy ones around June/July...in nyc) so also from the chart it says that the rezound ads only go till black friday.

tl:dr
- contest doesnt mean jack
- training for dumbass vzw employees doesnt take long
- Everythings ready to accept the phone at vzw but a stand to set it up in
- VZW hates HTC
- makes sense of the so far true ad leak
- RAZR sucks

link for info: Galaxy Nexus Release Date on Verizon Pegged for Late November

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Ever since I've heard of this and the giveaway it isnt giving me the 21st. Sure the contest ends on the 21st but winners don't get it till a week after they sent in their answers so only now through monday gets it by or before "release" so the first day you can get your winnings is next Saturday and last day is dec. 5th which is out of the November window which is confirmed(for me anyway) and there is no mention of LTE btw. With the training vids out Friday and it only really takes like 15 minutes to watch them and the cases and accessories already in store, it seems like its gonna be next week. Thursday/Friday seems good since they need some hands on training too...unless they do that over the weekend and idk if they would do that but if they did I'm going with my optimistic guess of the 14th. All the buzz with the rezound would kill the nexus pr but from the chart we saw ads for the nexus dont really start till after black friday so maybe they want the razr(POS)and rezound(most likely a POS) to carry them to black friday then let the nexus and razr/moto portfolio carry them into the holidays with buzz starting in store when they go to get the rezound. VZW doesn't care much about HTC phones from what I've seen(never saw a TB commercial ever until the levels of people angry was finally lower than the happy ones around June/July...in nyc) so also from the chart it says that the rezound ads only go till black friday.

tl:dr
- contest doesnt mean jack
- training for dumbass vzw employees doesnt take long
- Everythings ready to accept the phone at vzw but a stand to set it up in
- VZW hates HTC
- makes sense of the so far true ad leak
- RAZR sucks

link for info: Galaxy Nexus Release Date on Verizon Pegged for Late November

Wow, quite the rant there. Just to respond to a couple of your points.
There are several very helpful VZW employees on this forum and they are far from being dumbasses, and no I'm not one but do take offense. This is one of the friendlier forums I've ever participated in and we try to keep it that way.
The VZW Nexus will definitely have LTE as Samsung themselves have stated the VZW version will be a little thicker to accommodate the hardware, and possible bigger battery.
Not sure were your getting VZW hates HTC when they've had several prominent HTC devices. The Eris helped launch Android and the Droid line on VZW and the Thunderbolt launched their LTE network for which I saw of commercials for in NYC.