Droid Charge Training Begins at Verizon; Maybe Phone's Release is "Imminent"?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-charge-training.png

This week has been a virtual "over-use" of the word imminent, because of so many potential soon-to-be-released products. Now we are adding another one to the list. Droid Charge training has begun over at Verizon, as you can see from the internal promo above. Still... It's time to dig into a thesaurus to find a more interesting word...

Here we go... Industry rumors hint at an "impending" release of the Droid Charge. in fact, many new phones, along with the Droid Charge, have release dates that are fast "approaching". It is "unavoidable" and "inevitable" that the public's need for these amazing devices be satiated. Luckily, signs suggest that, for many of these phones, their release is "looming" just over the horizon.

And, I didn't even need the Thesaurus for most of those... :icon_rolleyes:

Source: AndroidCentral

him

Reaction score
Took my thunderbolt back and still looking for a new phone. Is the bionic truely canceled? still on motorolas site. Would give this a shot but i still have a samsung that sitting on android 2.1. Can just see next year this will still have 2.2 on it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but I tend to associate "imminent" with "doom".

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Took my thunderbolt back and still looking for a new phone. Is the bionic truely canceled? still on motorolas site. Would give this a shot but i still have a samsung that sitting on android 2.1. Can just see next year this will still have 2.2 on it.

I'd wait a little bit. The Droid Charge is defiantly nice, but theres better not to far off. From the sound of it, I assuming you have a Fascinate? I'd just hold on a bit. Expect something great from Motorola; whether an updated Bionic or something totally different, it'll be worth the wait. Also, theres a chance we'll see the Galaxy S2 in the late Summer.

Suuperflie

Reaction score

I'd wait a little bit. The Droid Charge is defiantly nice, but theres better not to far off. From the sound of it, I assuming you have a Fascinate? I'd just hold on a bit. Expect something great from Motorola; whether an updated Bionic or something totally different, it'll be worth the wait. Also, theres a chance we'll see the Galaxy S2 in the late Summer.

If your wait goes into June, I think you're going to miss the unlimited 4g. I'd rather settle on a decent phone now, save the money with unlimited data, and then get a powerhouse when my contract is up. Of course, I'm not a power user either. If you are a power user, then locking in now makes even more sense.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a Verizon rep seeing if I could get some info on other 4g phones coming out soon. Of course, he tried to sell me on the TB, but I told him I didn't want it and was waiting on other phones. Asked him about the Bionic and he said he received training on it a couple weeks ago, but doesn't have any other info on it. So, what the heck does that mean?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The VZW CFO - not some blogger or pretend insider - said a few months ago "mid-summer" and, more recently "late 2011" (i.e. Q4) before tiered plans would come out.

And I seriously doubt they make this change under the cover of darkness. It may be short notice, such as a week or even a few days, but we won't just wake-up to this one morning. Besides, NOTHING forces VZW to grandfather beyond what your current contract period is (and after that ends, month-to-month won't necessarily grandfather you, either).

95% of users won't hit 2 gigs, much less 5. Don't be scared into buying the TBolt because of fear mongering over the end of unlimited plans (which has been "rumored" and "predicted" for the better part of 6 months now). If you want the TBolt, get it, otherwise don't sweat it.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Ya know I love how people say oh if you just wait.. they said that for the merge last year, Incredible 2 in oct/nov, then the bionic and none have even come out yet! Sure wait, wait, and wait while other phones come out and then they will say oh wait some more cus just around the corner... blah...

We won't see a high end moto till holidays if the bionic is canceled (DX2, D3 are not high end) and they will be locked down anyway. Samsung well it is nice that they are unlocked and supposedly will stay that way but until we get some more dev support we have to wait for updates which seem to never come from them which is too bad cus they could really make a move on the VZW market as they have nice specs. HTC, well unless your are T-Mobile you get no love, TB sure but it's just a slightly updated evo and yep DI2 soon which is a nice update compared to the DX2 but it's 3g only so not high end. Lg we have yet to see a high end phone for VZW...

So why wait you like something now just get it...

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I agree with Kodiak about the tiered data, big deal sure it will come but not today so why worry get the phone you want and don't let the rumors sway you...