Samsung Droid Charge Marketing Docs Show Up at Verizon Stores

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid_charge_marketing_docs.jpg

Besides the leaked Verizon doc we reported recently, there is more evidence pointing to a soon-to-be-released Samsung Droid Charge. Additional marketing materials for the device have begun showing up at retailers. Obviously until the Droid Charge is actually released, we can't know for sure if that leaked document was real or fake, but signs like these docs, seem to point to the possibility that it was for real. What do you guys think of the Droid Charge? Is it worth grabbing, or would you rather wait for some of the other flagship phones coming out later this year?

Source: AndroidCentral

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Still waiting...of course my upgrade isnt until November anyways. but i'm not a fan of Samsung phones.

DroidRT

Reaction score
Yeah, I got my wife a Fascinate last fall. Need I say more?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chuckz28

Reaction score
Is anybody actually going to even buy this device? I don't see VZW selling many of them.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
As my NE2 is up on may 17th, the Charge is on my radar as possible replacement for my Storm II (which I hate BTW)

Others that I'm considering are:

Tbolt
Bionic/Targa/Whatever it will be called
LG Revolution
Samsung Galaxy S2

Of those the S2 is my preferred choice

The Bionic/Targa i think will be released too far out for me to really consider it.

The Revolution looks pretty good as well.

Any thoughts as to which way is the way to go?

loki993

Reaction score
As my NE2 is up on may 17th, the Charge is on my radar as possible replacement for my Storm II (which I hate BTW)

Others that I'm considering are:

Tbolt
Bionic/Targa/Whatever it will be called
LG Revolution
Samsung Galaxy S2

Of those the S2 is my preferred choice

The Bionic/Targa i think will be released too far out for me to really consider it.

The Revolution looks pretty good as well.

Any thoughts as to which way is the way to go?

Definitely a
contender for me

Really? Even at the rumored 300 dollar pricetag?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if you think about it there are only two 4g phones. So if someone wants a 4g phone now and doesn't like HTC Sense, this is their only choice. Again Samsung skimps on the ram. Whats the deal with that. I love my fassy, but why can't they up the ram in these very expsensive devices?

loki993

Reaction score
Well if you think about it there are only two 4g phones. So if someone wants a 4g phone now and doesn't like HTC Sense, this is their only choice. Again Samsung skimps on the ram. Whats the deal with that. I love my fassy, but why can't they up the ram in these very expsensive devices?

I guess, bu aside from not having semse its inferior to the TB in just about every way and its 50 dollars more. Its not the phone I have a problem with its the price. Its just way too much money for that phone. Id just wait. Though I also think the TB is too much for what it is too.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree. I think both the TB and Charge are old technologies and I hope VZW comes out with something better this summer. T-mobile and At&t already have dual core phones.

AstroBoy

Reaction score
For me the price is an issue, but as I'm more likely to buy it at Costco, Amazon or Wirefly the cost is likely going to be much less than $300

The fact that Samsung has already released the source code for the Charge is a big plus IMO. It seems like they want to be developer friendly and are more concerned about the flack they received over the lack of updates to prior phones.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Never ever want another Samsung phone. That piece of crap Omnia I had was enough. I'm just patiently waiting til Nov when my contract is up. If Gingerbread ever gets released for the Droid X, the wait will be a lot more bearable.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I'm sporting an lg versa.....yeah, that's right. Not even a smart phone. A device who's EOL was not even a year after it was release. If I can wait, anyone can wait!! My wife is so tired of me obsessing over my next phone. I'll be purchasing a used OG Droid very very soon to tide me over until Targa/Bionic or something else more up-to-date is released.

loki993

Reaction score
I'm sporting an lg versa.....yeah, that's right. Not even a smart phone. A device who's EOL was not even a year after it was release. If I can wait, anyone can wait!! My wife is so tired of me obsessing over my next phone. I'll be purchasing a used OG Droid very very soon to tide me over until Targa/Bionic or something else more up-to-date is released.

I have a Blackberry Bold, not a terrible phone I guess I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of it talking forever to load a simple webpage. I thought OS6 would help the browsing and it did a little, but not enough. I was going to get a TB actually, but I decided to wait and see what the ionic was like before I got something, there was also that price issue. So I picked up a D2 and that should be able to occupy me until the end of the year I think.