BREAKING: Verizon is Getting ICS before the Nexus and Release Date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

droseum20

Reaction score
Hey fellow droidforums users, today I have received information regarding a Samsung phone running ICS called the Stratosphere. Yes, I understand it was released previously, but not the same version. This version will be in white and will be running Ice Cream Sandwich (first phone in the US with 4.0). It will be released the 20th or 21st and I'm sure about it. Also, I got confirmation on Verizon getting ICS training starting tomorrow. There will be a device released Thanksgiving called the Samsung Illusion. Also, I think the Galaxy Nexus will have a November release date such as the 27th or 28th. I just found all this information today and got it confirmed. I am rather surprised about the Stratosphere, but at least it's a Samsung. Please follow me on twitter for newest information. (@droseum20)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon employees have already been training for ICS for about 10 days now according to the leaks.

Somehow I doubt an entirely new phone will be released running 4.0 that we've never heard about within 3 days.

OP
droseum20

droseum20

Reaction score
Verizon employees have already been training for ICS for about 10 days now according to the leaks.

Somehow I doubt an entirely new phone will be released running 4.0 that we've never heard about within 3 days.

my sources are reporting the beginning of training tomorrow and a 4.0 device is listed in the system a few days from now called the Samsung stratosphere and it will be released in white. this news was today and it is in there system.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Highly doubtful that it will be released with ICS. The Nexus received a new ICS update just this week, so it's unlikely that another phone is ready for release with ICS when it's non-white version is running gingerbread.

sxm

Reaction score
IF this is true - IF - then it is ICS w/ Touchwiz skin

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
It has been discussed that at least two more devices running 4.0 would be released on Verizon before the end of the year but the Galaxy Nexus would be first. Not sure if these news are real or not but according to Best Buy Black Friday Coupon they will offer a white Stratosphere running GB 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.