GNex Release Date:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
What's the prob?! ;)

• Shine patent leather shoes with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly for a fresh, polished look
• Mix a dab of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with loose eye shadow to create a blush or eye shadow that moisturizes and lasts longer
• Rub a layer along the inside of a carved pumpkin to seal in moisture and protect against rotting. Caution: you should not use the Petroleum Jelly if you plan to illuminate your pumpkin with candles or fire as it will make it flammable
• Mix a pinch of your favorite powdered drink or melted chocolate chips with Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly to make your own flavored lip gloss (PROP: Chocolate Chips and Kool-Aid and mixing bowl)
• Fill a scratch on a LCD monitor by rubbing a dab of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly over the mark
• Rub a bit into the ends of your hair to hide the appearance of dead ends
• Keep your front door locks from freezing by smearing Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on the shaft of the key and inserting it into the lock
• Remove dried wax from candle sticks by rubbing them with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
• Apply all over your body to stay warm while participating in cold weather sports

nbucko

Reaction score
ok lets talk release dates..... oh shoot now theres nothing to talk about :)

Oh come on now, you know its fun to spread rumors about how this one time at band camp I was on craigslist and I saw this post about a guy who bought a nexus off of ebay and it had a super secret encrypted text file that had a release date of insertrandomdatehere.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I posted my last message right before I left work, and I've just now made it back on to see where the thread went... must say that I'm thoroughly entertained.

Side note: Would love to see a video of the guy that made the mistake of coating the inside of his Jack-o-lantern to keep it from drying out and then lighting a candle inside prompting an immediate complaint and the author to include that warning... cause you know it happened to someone.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
So I posted my last message right before I left work, and I've just now made it back on to see where the thread went... must say that I'm thoroughly entertained.

Side note: Would love to see a video of the guy that made the mistake of coating the inside of his Jack-o-lantern to keep it from drying out and then lighting a candle inside prompting an immediate complaint and the author to include that warning... cause you know it happened to someone.

we were good you can trust us :)
but yeah i would like to see the guy light that candle :)

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
I keep reading posts like "why is Verizon doing this to us?" and the like. Let's get something straight. The last thing Verizon thinks about when determining release dates are hardcore forumites like ourselves.

The RAZR, iPhone 4S, and Rezound are all high-end phones being released together. You don't want to cannibalize the sales of your flagship ICS product by releasing it the same time as its equally tasty Gingerbread competitors. This way Verizon can spread the profits throughout the quarter.

I've had this laggy, frustratingly slow Droid for two years, I can wait another few weeks.

wolstonc

Reaction score
I wasn't going to get it until December, but I was hoping reviews would be out by then, but now ill just be glad to get the phone

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I keep reading posts like "why is Verizon doing this to us?" and the like. Let's get something straight. The last thing Verizon thinks about when determining release dates are hardcore forumites like ourselves.

The RAZR, iPhone 4S, and Rezound are all high-end phones being released together. You don't want to cannibalize the sales of your flagship ICS product by releasing it the same time as its equally tasty Gingerbread competitors. This way Verizon can spread the profits throughout the quarter.

I've had this laggy, frustratingly slow Droid for two years, I can wait another few weeks.

Very true, and beyond that, I would much rather they sit on it awhile and make sure its running right than get something half baked. I seriously doubt they want another Thunderbolt incident.

alucard9114

Reaction score
Very true, and beyond that, I would much rather they sit on it awhile and make sure its running right than get something half baked. I seriously doubt they want another Thunderbolt incident.

or Bionic incident i want this phone now but if its perfect at launch ill wait however if there is a tegra 3 phone leak ill wait for that.

harpua

Reaction score
or Bionic incident i want this phone now but if its perfect at launch ill wait however if there is a tegra 3 phone leak ill wait for that.

you my friend, are Bonkers. There is no way i can hold out for another however the heck long. I want the gnex stat. and will be 1st @ vzw store on release day. unless of course the release is pushed back and another phone is to be out a week after.

screaminz2002

Reaction score
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.. Verizon holiday roundup.. BAH HUMBUG! Could have sworn the Google interview said ICS October/November. Guess that just means I can get someone to buy it for me :)

PrISM

Reaction score
Christ I'm getting tired of waiting. My OG Droid is limping along while I wait for this phone to be released at SOME point. How about this...how about Verizon release the Nexus first and then release all the other phones later on?

I don't post much but I had to release some frustration. :(

diggy488

Reaction score
Well, there shouldn't be too much of a line at VZW on release day. With all the other phones coming out first, this one should be fairly easy to snag without the worry of selling out.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Christ I'm getting tired of waiting. My OG Droid is limping along while I wait for this phone to be released at SOME point. How about this...how about Verizon release the Nexus first and then release all the other phones later on?

I don't post much but I had to release some frustration. :(

PrISM.... he doesn't always post much, but when he does, it's to release some frustration. Stay Thirsty My Friends.

mjones73

Reaction score
I'll have to give it a try, mine has been screwy with the Bluetooth audio, skips like clockwork 6 to 24 times whenever I start playing something.

I wiped mine and sbf'd it last night, re-rooted it and installed DC clean and it cleared up my audio issue and the phone seems to be snappier then before. I'd say go for it if your D1 is lagging along.

hydro556

Reaction score

LOL, you guys blow crap out of proportion so much it isnt funny. I had a Bionic and tried it out. Ultimately I sent it back because I wanted a screen with more WOW factor, but to behave as if all Bionics are garbage is stupid. They arent, mine was flawless and it is a beast of a phone. Just doesnt have as many dazzling specs as the Nexus, and the Nexus (as well as others) are so close, I decided to save my upgrade for one of these.

Please, stop with the over-dramatization.