voicemail notification gone

rangerbean

Reaction score
Just recently voicemail notifications no longer appear in the droid toolbar. they used to remain and alert me to the number of voicemails I had...but now they're gone. anyone know what to do? I've searched "settings", but cannot find a way to get them back...thanks

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does this have anything to do with your visual voicemail? I get the notifications, but can't retrieve messages.

OP
R

rangerbean

Reaction score
Does this have anything to do with your visual voicemail? I get the notifications, but can't retrieve messages.
great question - I've not set up visual vm on my droid yet. I started the install a week ago but never completed it...maybe that's the problem?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't think it's free, so unless it was something that you were going to do anyway.... ;)

thatguychuck

Reaction score
If you dial voicemail and go into personal settings (I think it's option 4,) there is a setting to turn notifications on or off (I think that is option 1.) Not sure if this will help, just throwing it out there as an often overlooked setting.

novatrain

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue. I kept getting a text from VZ telling me to install Visual VM or press *86 to access my vm. I just thought it was them pushing me to upgrade, turns out I had about 6 voicemails.

I went through the set-up menu and the vm notifications were set to "on", in my case. Chatting with a VZ rep right now. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

novatrain

Reaction score
OK - turns out if you start the Visual VM process, you won't get any other vm notifications. So you've either got to finish the install or cancel your Visual VM service. If you just leave the Visual VM where you have it, you won't get notification of voicemails and you'll still get billed the $3/month. If you don't have Visual VM, you get the notifications in the status bar as you would regularly.

Hope that makes sense.