I can't get my voicemail icon to go away and I have no new voicmails

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a bit of a problem, i'm using google voice now with a new number for my voicemails. So usually when I get a voicemail I get notifications from my email and through my handscent messaging. The other day I guess I had a lot of voicemails when I checked and the little voicemail icon came up on the top bar, I've checked my voicemails and deleted them but I can't get the little icon to go away. Anyways i've tried a battery pull and i've tried looking through the settings but can't get it to go away for the life of me. Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thanx

artc33

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a bit of a problem, i'm using google voice now with a new number for my voicemails. So usually when I get a voicemail I get notifications from my email and through my handscent messaging. The other day I guess I had a lot of voicemails when I checked and the little voicemail icon came up on the top bar, I've checked my voicemails and deleted them but I can't get the little icon to go away. Anyways i've tried a battery pull and i've tried looking through the settings but can't get it to go away for the life of me. Any suggestions would be so helpful. Thanx
hey there orlando, i used to have that same problem with my phone for about two weeks,TWO WEEKS!

finally i broke down and rebooted my phone by doing a "factory data reset".

if you are wanting to do this, first create a folder on your computer and call it droid contents or something, then copy paste your phone's folder to it. by doing a data reset you are basically starting from zero in a way.

-settings
-privacy
-factory data reset/reset phone

when this is done your phone will turn back on and will take you through the set up. it is really annoying having to do this, but not as annoying as having that icon on there thrust me.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Check your google voice account online. You may be able to see what's up from there.