Voice to text issues

shaislet

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Android and Droid 2 but overall am very pleased and realize that there are many issues that have to do more with familiarity than with actual design. One issue I seem to still be having is with the voice to text.

It appears that the "microphone" button on the virtual keyboard receives instruction better than the button on the slide out keyboard. Is this my imagination? Often when I use the button on the keyboard, it will open the request through google search rather than enter the text into the area on the screen.

I thought it had to do with pressing the screen in the dialog box that I wanted the text to go into and would press the box to get what looks like a voice action curser to activate.

I thought perhaps using the google voice command would help as the instructional video illustrates but I don't get nearly the performance the video shows for opening new texts or emails.

Again, the microphone button on the virtual keyboard seems to work the best for voice to text.

Is Google voice different than the apps already installed stock on the phone?

Any insight would be appreciated,

Wilson

pool_shark

Reaction score
I never even noticed the mic on the physical keyboard. After reading your post I decided to try and it works just the same.

OP
S

shaislet

Reaction score
voice to text

i think i'm resolving to the possibility that when the keyboard is open, voice to text is not needed and therefore it is re-assigned as a google search key command, whereas when the keyboard is closed, the microphone button on the virtual keyboard assumes priority as voice to text