Voice Mail

Tonik

Reaction score
How is it working for folks. I am not having much luck. I had basic visual voice mail on and jus got garbled texts. Tried the nexus visual vm app from vs, no luck it wouldn't connect.

Had all visual vm turned off by vz and now not getting anything.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Really have had no problems with Verizon's Visual Voicemail at all, and also had both the Droid Turbo and the Motorola Nexus 6 running on it. I don't know why you would be getting garbled text in the visual voicemail other than if the message is "unintelligible" by the voice recognition software.

As an option, you may wish to try YouMail Visual Voicemail - Android Apps on Google Play and see if the results are similar. I have been using YouMail for a couple years now and have been very happy with its performance and user interface. YRMV

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
The problem i have with verizon visual mail is they charge you for it :(

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
YouMail is free, and I've really enjoyed using it. Verizon's visual voicemail is a good program but the cost is a deal breaker for me too.

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
The problem i have with verizon visual mail is they charge you for it :(
The basic is free now. Sign up for the premium trial then just remove it and you are left with basic free.

Foxcat, just to be clear what vs visual did you install on your 6.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Will initially I ran the Verizon one but the free Verizon one is far less powerful than YouMail. So I run YouMail.

OP
T

Tonik

Reaction score
not sure what my issue is, but I have to assume my voicemail on vz's end is borked. Liking youmail a lot so far. Much appreciated.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm using You Mail and like it for the most part. It's just not worth 5 bucks a month for the "visual" part. I like the custom greetings though.

S5 tap'n

molson8045

Reaction score
@ FoxKat, do you have the apk for verizon vvm you had installed? I have tried several and none were able to install the play store versions install but cannot connect to server it just sits at checking account.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
@ FoxKat, do you have the apk for verizon vvm you had installed? I have tried several and none were able to install the play store versions install but cannot connect to server it just sits at checking account.
I'll pull it and share it with you on pm.