visual voice mail trouble

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
on my new droid trubo can't stop notification for visual voice mail no way to turn if off as I lost visual voice mail app droid turbo
please help the notification is driving me nuts

thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How did you "lose" the app??? Just tap on voicemail..it should default to whatever voicemail you subscribe to..i think..

OP
sugee

sugee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the VOICE MAIL app
I'm referring to VISUAL VOICE MAIL

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Correct.. If you tap on the voicemail app.. It will open your visual voicemail :) if it's not.. Perhaps you should see what you are subscribed to on your "my verizon" account.. There are a few different choices.. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
^^I believe that's right. I was using Google Voice for voicemail, but decided to switch to VZW's voicemail service for ease-of-use.

I had a free trial of Visual Voicemail, but there's no way I was going to pay monthly for it. After the trial ended, that same "Voicemail" app still provides my basic voicemail, and I believe any voicemail left over should just be converted to a "basic voicemail."

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, you're probably going to have to contact Verizon and see if they can delete it from the server for you. I'm not sure they allow their basic tech support people that kinda power, but if you can't clear it on your device itself, you're still getting the notification because the network is telling the phone that you've still got a voicemail.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe basic visual voicemail is free now too..

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It is, but it doesn't transcribe. Only lets you listen to voicemails without having to dial in.
Same thing with T-Mobile visual voicemail. Not a subscriber but still use it. Much easier than dialing in.

JDH

Reaction score
I am using it on turbo 64, Verizon c/s rep told me the premium visual VM was free for my phone and or the edge plan I am on. I do not really like it but I am pretty sure you will have to call c/s to get it turned off. I went online to my Verizon to turn it off but could not find and I looked hard. Only feature I can turn on or off is HD calling which is also included in my plan. Pain in the neck

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I just checked with Verizon Chat, who said that my Turbo and Edge plan did not qualify for the premium version. I may try a phone call later tonight. But the basic version does not transcribe the message, but at least you see who the message is from.