Voice mail alert...can't see it!

ladeeda

Reaction score
Recently got the Droid 2 Global.

Am I crazy or is there not a visual notification of when I have a Voice Mail? Even my old POS 'dumb' phone had an icon that would stay on until I went through my new Voice Mails.

So far, I have to open the Voice Mail application and look if a message is in there. It's bad enough I can't put my Voice Mail App in with my email, and text notifications to alert me...but not to have visual notification on such a high-tech phone?

I do get a brief audio notification when a Voice Mail comes through, but if I'm not around to hear it...it's useless. I need a visual - does anyone know of an app to address this?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Recently got the Droid 2 Global.

Am I crazy or is there not a visual notification of when I have a Voice Mail? Even my old POS 'dumb' phone had an icon that would stay on until I went through my new Voice Mails.

So far, I have to open the Voice Mail application and look if a message is in there. It's bad enough I can't put my Voice Mail App in with my email, and text notifications to alert me...but not to have visual notification on such a high-tech phone?

I do get a brief audio notification when a Voice Mail comes through, but if I'm not around to hear it...it's useless. I need a visual - does anyone know of an app to address this?

Thanks!

There is a notification in the notification bar. It looks like a cassette tape

OP
L

ladeeda

Reaction score
...omg you're right! I never noticed that little, itty, bitty thing before. Is there a way to adjust the size of the bar?

Thank you~

cutiedroid

Reaction score
No, you can't make the bar wider but you do know that it opens down like a window shade, right?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums