Voice Mail Issues

pehrsam

Reaction score
I have always used Verizon Visual Voice mail and felt it worked well. After reading about you mail, I decided to give it a try, but had many issues with it. I have deleted my account with you mail. deleted the program from my droid, have also wiped and reinstalled rom and infact different roms to get rid of you mail and go back to visual voice. Somehow the program is embedded in my phone and continues to revert to the you mail even though it is no longer installed. I want it to just go to the Visual Voice, but that is not happening. I have installed and reinstalled Verizon Visual Voice and I do have an active paid for account.....any ideas as to why my phone still wants to route al voice mails to you mail?

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
Did you go into the phone settings (Settings --> Call Settings) and change your voicemail provider?

hanfeitzu02

Reaction score
Did you go into the phone settings (Settings --> Call Settings) and change your voicemail provider?

+1 for this suggestion.

I am not familiar with you mail, but I use google voice as my voicemail provider. During set up it had me call a number from my phone to activate it. Did you mail have you dial anything? Its possible the setting has nothing to do with your phone, but how calls are routed through?

If you're still looking for a good visual voicemail, I really recommend google voice. You may even fix your problem by setting that up.

OP
P

pehrsam

Reaction score
I had already tried the settings but double checked anyway and the setting was correct. So I tried the sugestion of trying Google voice and it seems to work very well, much better than you voice. Thank you both for your replies.

cymbiedroid

Reaction score
google voice won't go away

google voice started failing and i was missing messages constantly, so i switched back to my carrier for voicemaiil, but google voice is still answering my calls and will not quit. I have uninstalled the app and it's still owning my unanswered calls. help me please.

There is also a voicemail icon in my notification bar that will not go away when i clear it and there are no unread voicemails in my account. when I select the icon from the notification list it send me to google voice to leave a message??? this icon is making me crazy.

OMG! I just noticed that the date on this notification is 12/31/1969. WTF is wrong with this? Used astro to look at files and a lot are not recognized types dated 12/31/1969. Anyone have a clue???

Last edited: