visual voicemail

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
For those that want the people that they call to have free V2V or "mobile - to - mobile" I can only suggest texting that person and asking them to call your Verizon number. That way all of your outgoing calls are still unlimited using the method where your Google Voice number is placed in the ten people listed as unlimited calls to. Sure this means that some people will have to keep up with two numbers, but you get what you want which is for them to have free minutes. There is no other reason for having that complaint, and therefore it shouldn't be too hard for them to put one number as a "Home" and one as a "Work" on any standard phone.

Personally I wish I had a GV invite :( I've been waiting a while and Google hates me I guess.

Agrajag

Reaction score
No and No.

You SHOULD cancel Visual Voicemail. Why pay for something you don't need but you don't HAVE to cancel it. It has nothing to do with this. Furthermore you can't yet easily remove Visual Voicemail as an app.

RichieD

Reaction score
Voicemail notification in notification bar!!!

Whats up everyone? I have a question and hopefully somebody has a solution! So to begin, I use YouMail voicemail and never had a problem with it! I never used the reg voicemail with the droid. Anyway, I would say about 2 weeks ago, the voicemail notification shows up in my notifcation bar. (not the youmail one either) so I pull down the bar and it says dial ur voicemail *86. So I do and delete every message saved or not. i close out the voicemail and end the call properly. still the notifcation is still in the bar and it still says 1 new voicemail. :mad: So now i reboot, battery pull, call from my houseline and it says no messages. Go through the youmail way and yet no messages but still notification in the bar, so my question is HOW DO I GET RID OF THAT NOTIFICATION???:icon_evil::mad::icon_evil: Please help please!!!!!!

TekHawk

Reaction score
Whats up everyone? I have a question and hopefully somebody has a solution! So to begin, I use YouMail voicemail and never had a problem with it! I never used the reg voicemail with the droid. Anyway, I would say about 2 weeks ago, the voicemail notification shows up in my notifcation bar. (not the youmail one either) so I pull down the bar and it says dial ur voicemail *86. So I do and delete every message saved or not. i close out the voicemail and end the call properly. still the notifcation is still in the bar and it still says 1 new voicemail. :mad: So now i reboot, battery pull, call from my houseline and it says no messages. Go through the youmail way and yet no messages but still notification in the bar, so my question is HOW DO I GET RID OF THAT NOTIFICATION???:icon_evil::mad::icon_evil: Please help please!!!!!!

you start a new topic in the help section where someone can see your question with a YouMail title because odds are no one in a VVM/Google Voice related thread has used or wants to use YouMail and would have no idea how to help you with this issue

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't read through all the posts, but I'd suggest using YouMail and Google Voice. My YM works for when my phone recognizes the call and the GV picks up what comes in when there's no signal.

Then I always have VVM

Agrajag

Reaction score
Anyway, I would say about 2 weeks ago, the voicemail notification shows up in my notifcation bar. (not the youmail one either) so I pull down the bar and it says dial ur voicemail *86.

This sounds like the same situation we had before where a message gets past GV and ends up in the normal Verizon Voicemail. However, since you could access VVM through *86 it sounds like this is something else.