video files will only play audio

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
So I've been converting videos for my droid for a couple of weeks now, and things have been going well. Recently, however, my phone stopped playing movies. Actually, they would play, but without video, audio only. Any thoughts?

Asterisk

Reaction score
It could be the size of the video or the format. I know I had problems with video showing when it was either too big for the screen or the wrong format.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
It could be the size of the video or the format. I know I had problems with video showing when it was either too big for the screen or the wrong format.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hmmmm, here's the trick, files that worked before on my droid are now not working. I think I must have an app or something that is not playing well with my Droid.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hmmmm, here's the trick, files that worked before on my droid are now not working. I think I must have an app or something that is not playing well with my Droid.

Some people mentioned that if they play a bad video file, other files would not play anymore either, even if they played properly before. A battery-pull was a solution for these.

In other posts, I have seen people having issues with video when they overclock their Droid, or with certain custom roms. Overclocking a Droid also results in overclocking the dedicated video chip.

OP
M

MagicMiloX

Reaction score

Some people mentioned that if they play a bad video file, other files would not play anymore either, even if they played properly before. A battery-pull was a solution for these.

In other posts, I have seen people having issues with video when they overclock their Droid, or with certain custom roms. Overclocking a Droid also results in overclocking the dedicated video chip.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere, and I can't believe I haven't tried this before, all of my videos stopped playing after I played the AVI (which shouldn't even work). I will try the battery pull. Do you know if this has been a problem with Bugless Beast 1.1? I am running overclocked, but previously this wasn't a problem. I want video on my droid, maybe I need to choose a lower speed...

OP
M

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
I also want to say I LOVE the customer service experience on DVD Catalyst, I can't believe how much you are helping on these forums. Thanks for the persistence, truly amazing, I've been telling all my friends with Android phones about DVD Catalyst.

D

dvdcatalyst

You are very welcome.
I appreciate the support and spreading the word.

I dont have a Droid myself, but since I started answering dvdcat questions on these forums back in november, I've seen a LOT of video-related posts, so when I see a question I can answer, even if its not dvdcat related, I give it a shot.

I do think the overclock might be a good place to start.

nubby

Reaction score
I should have read this before I deleted the videos of my son in the batting cages. I did the battery pull and everything works as before. Don't know what caused the problem, but the MAGIC battery pull solution seem to work most of the time for a variety of problems.

OP
M

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
Unfortunately, battery pull didn't work for me, but this morning I'm investigating the overclocking solution. Wish me luck.