Very Annoyed (Froyo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOA

Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill. The guy is just venting and it's his right to do so. I hate it too that it's not out but I did install the leaked version and then reverted back to 2.1 so I can relax a little now!

Let him vent and leave him be.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill. The guy is just venting and it's his right to do so. I hate it too that it's not out but I did install the leaked version and then reverted back to 2.1 so I can relax a little now!

Let him vent and leave him be.

The fact of the matter is that there is no reason whatsoever to vent. It has been stated since the very beginning that 2.2 wouldn't be available until late Summer.

It is his fault if he is upset, because he chose to still purchase the Droid X knowing it would still be awhile yet until 2.2 was released.

What makes things worse is that there already is a leaked 2.2 out which works PERFECTLY. I am one of the ppl who are lucky and don't have any issues whatsoever with the regular rooted 2.2 and Tranquility ROM.

Deducing from this, the only people who need to chill is you and the OP. :)

Hurtem

Reaction score
You can easily download the leaked 2.2 and be satisfied. It works perfectly and the battery life is great. If you really ever need to take it back to Verizon I would not worry if they know about you rooting your phone. Most of the reps don't even know what root is..

roach

Reaction score
The release of android 2.2 - Froyo just keeps on getting pushed back, & than pushed back some more [for the X], & its really starting to anger me to no end. First it was July, then sometime in August - and now its September... Normally I wouldn't care & would just wait patiently, but I hear that 2.2 improves battery life (for the X specifically). I don't understand why older phones are being given priority over newer & higher end models.
How do you think I fell,I sold my droid because the salesman at verizion told me that the droidx has the 2.2 update,if this update doesn't help with ringtones (to low) and battery life I am going to wait till november and buy the droid pro.
mike a.:icon_evil:

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
Let's see, the X came out I think around mid July, correct? Or was it mid June?

And you're annoyed because you haven't received an update on a phone that has only been out 2 and a half months maximum?

In the real world you're lucky if you get an update once a year, if at all on a smart phone. Blackberry Storm I got an actual release (not a leak) about once every 6 months. On my Droid they had an update in a months time (everyone hated it). Then people complained because they didn't get another update a month later. When they got it everyone hated it.

I say that with a bit of tongue and cheek because the internet makes it seem that way. Average users love the updates. My wife and brother both think Froyo is super.

I heard there were some testing issues in early August that slowed down the progress of the release. You want it in a hurry or do you want it done correctly?;)

Anyway, be careful what you ask for. You may get it. :D

I agree with what you're saying, & like I said, I wouldn't care for the update came - except that this one supposedly improves the battery life. And thus far, having to charge my phone any chance I get 3-4 times a day sucks donkey balls. So try to understand where I'm coming from.

OP
R

Ralffers

Reaction score
why don't you just root your x and put the leaked version on your x :) ....my battery last me about 35 hr with moderate use since froyo...no complaints here ...

So the battery life is in fact a lot better on 2.2?...

Chillenout

Reaction score
why don't you just root your x and put the leaked version on your x :) ....my battery last me about 35 hr with moderate use since froyo...no complaints here ...

You're lucky. Before the update my battery was lasting about what you're getting now with the same amount of use ....after the update, I'm lucky if I can get 8 hours out of the battery with almost no use..

Technoman

Reaction score
Both of you need to stop. You are violating rules of respect for this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Due to the lack of respect shown by two members participating in this thread, this thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.