Verizon's New Single Line Plan for $60 Includes 2GB Data & Unlimited Talk + Text

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-single-line-plan.png

Glad to be back folks! Sorry I was gone. I was fighting a virus for the last 6 days. Luckily our amazing staff: pc747, wicked and cereal killer (and anyone else I missed) were able to hold down the fort while I was gone! Thanks team!

This first news piece is a nice surprise to share as my first story coming back. It's actually decent news from Verizon!

Verizon just announced a new $60 single line plan for folks who have no need or desire for their Share MORE/Everything plans. This new plan from Big Red isn't too bad for individuals who are fine with a contract and no longer have Unlimited Data.

For only $60 per month, you get unlimited talk minutes & text messages, plus 2GB of data. Any overages are $15 for every 1GB you go over, and for folks on Verizon Edge, the plan is only $50 per month. Keep in mind this plan is only for folks who only have one smartphone and no tablets.

Source: Verizon

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Still not tempting enough. Make it 4GB or 6GB and I would think about it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Still not tempting enough. Make it 4GB or 6GB and I would think about it.

I thought at one point this plan did exist with 6GB (if you were coming from unlimited data). It wasn't advertised/promoted...might still be out there if you ask for it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
@kodiak799 That would be the Max plan you're thinking of. The 6GB didn't allow tethering, the 8GB did. They weren't $60 though.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
@kodiak799 That would be the Max plan you're thinking of. The 6GB didn't allow tethering, the 8GB did. They weren't $60 though.

No, it was definiely 6gigs for $60. It wasn't an official/advertised program and only offered to people coming from unlimited plans.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Absolutely tempting.
My wife, currently unlimited data, pays about $75/month for her single line.
She has gone over 2GB once in the past 8 months.

Not to mention: my job pays for my phone. If that stopped tomorrow, we would get a family share plan for $150/mo (prior to this announcement).
Now? We can each get a plan for $60/ month? $120?
This is the first time VZW has ever done anything with pricing that I like.
As usual, I suspect it isn't to just help the consumer have more choices. Guessing it has more to do with Sprints upcoming announcement.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

devdeuce

Reaction score
I would probably do this, but i don't get the option to switch to this plan. Am i missing something simple? Right now i have 450minutes, unlimited text and 6 gb and i pay a little over $100. Savings would be worth it if i came in under $70, but like i said don't see how to switch. Does my contract need to be up?

Last edited:

neyeswhip

Reaction score
I think we need to call in order to switch (it says existing customers call...). Does anyone know if this is available for existing customers in contract?

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I've been on this plan for about 8 months now, they call it "Loyalty $60/2GB Unlim T&T 1Yr" and I got it by calling customer service to try to negotiate my bill lower - I've been with Verizon since 1999. With fees etc. my total is $67.41 for that line. I have yet to pass 2GB since at work and home I'm on wi-fi consistently so no worries there.

tedZilla99

Reaction score
BTW I looked on their site - $60 is for 1GB data, $75 is for 2GB. You get $10 off if you're on Edge.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
O look... Sprint announces new pan and for a single line it's $65 for 2GB. (pre-fees)