Verizon's Galaxy S III Comes With Everything You Need Including A Locked Bootloader!

Jeyman

Reaction score
Verizon only do bootloader to avoid users bricking a phone then blame it on manufacture for sending them deflected phone . Instead of that, they try to avoid losing money and drama.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If a phone is unlocked the odds of it bricking are very low. Its locked down bootloaders that brick phones when people try to unlock them without easy to gain recovery and root.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I know what i meant by that is people try to root and brick it up. Then they lie to Verizon that the phone came like that.

Verizon know so their trying to minimize it.

Jeyman

Reaction score
And you can not do that when bricking a phone trying to bypass the locked down phone?

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I know to fix brick phone. I'm talking users, in Verizon some pay or get their friends to do it. Then, doesn't know what their doing on spare time brick the phone big time.

Jeyman

Reaction score
I know to fix brick phone. I'm talking users, in Verizon some pay or get their friends to do it. Then, doesn't know what their doing on spare time brick the phone big time.

I get what your saying, but a unlocked phone is less likely to brick, as root and recovery and roms are much easier to test and such.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I can say yeah but smart ass had 13 Android phones from 13 i bricked 3 it was stupid thing i change or deleted that made the brick . But , unlocked it fairly hard to brick which is true.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
add119 said:
I can say yeah but smart ass had 13 Android phones from 13 i bricked 3 it was stupid thing i change or deleted that made the brick . But , unlocked it fairly hard to brick which is true.

Why are you defending Verizon doing this? Every carrier this phone has been on, until now, has been unlocked. We are wrong to demand the same? We know their reasoning but every other carrier releases tons of unlocked phones and we deserve the same.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Im not trying to defend. Sorry if i sound that way it doesn't affect some users. That the point, trying to make. im getting s2 next week the only difference between s2 and s3 it the 2 gb ram,s4 instead of s3 and the real state of size isn't big deal for me. What you like samsung galaxy s3?

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The only way Verizon will unlock it bootloader if million of users, make a lawsuit and complaint like no tomorrow.

Why are you defending Verizon doing this? Every carrier this phone has been on, until now, has been unlocked. We are wrong to demand the same? We know their reasoning but every other carrier releases tons of unlocked phones and we deserve the same.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

champaned_out

Reaction score
Im not trying to defend. Sorry if i sound that way it doesn't affect some users. That the point, trying to make. im getting s2 next week the only difference between s2 and s3 it the 2 gb ram,s4 instead of s3 and the real state of size isn't big deal for me. What you like samsung galaxy s3?

The only difference? More RAM, a newer model processor, bigger screen size, improved camera, and a handful of new innovative software features.. if those aren't considered major changes to you... What is?

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The camera isnt big deal i read forums with ppl s2 and s3 camera is very similar. The s voice i can get apk already on my droid RAZR so that 4.0 os thing.

Touchwiz launcher also 4.0 os feature and mods already make port of s3 to s2. So the only real difference is snapdragon 4th gen and it 2 gb of ram.

To be honest i dont like phone with 4 inches or bigger. So that 4.52 inch over 4.8 isnt factor. Technically s2 is 4.6 inches. If Samsung want to round off like they did on gnexus.

fyi any Android phone with asop or Cm 9 with 768 ram and decent gpu and 1 ghz speed it better it smoother then over clock Kernel.

Like on nexus s act smoother then my droid razr sometime because Motorola built.

Nexus s is 512 mb of ram with stock speed and ics rom.

Sometime is what rom and stock kernal you use on the phone.

Because custom kernal tend to lag phones even rooted or not. That based on my experince and others in xda as well.

That goes along with overclocking or change the built number on api from Android.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The camera isnt big deal i read forums with ppl s2 and s3 camera is very similar. The s voice i can get apk already on my droid RAZR so that 4.0 os thing.

Touchwiz launcher also 4.0 os feature and mods already make port of s3 to s2. So the only real difference is snapdragon 4th gen and it 2 gb of ram.

fyi any Android phone with asop or Cm 9 with 768 ram and decent gpu and 1 ghz speed it better it smoother then over clock Kernel.

Like on nexus s act smoother then my droid razr sometime because Motorola built.

Nexus s is 512 mb of ram with stock speed and ics rom.

Sometime is what rom and stock kernal you use on the phone.

Because custom kernal tend to lag phones even rooted or not. That based on my experince and others in xda as well.

That goes along with overclocking or change the built number on api from Android.

so I'm not trying to be a d*ck here but, ALL of your posts are extremely hard to read, it's like deciphering another language. I think I get what you are saying, however, your point is moot, just because you can get some of the same stuff does NOT mean it's as good.

The s3 is much much better than the s2 CPU makes a huge difference, that's like saying the first P4 dual core was... oh almost... as good as the core2 duo, or the core i7, it's just not true, the advanced made in cpu die size, l1 and l2 cache, transistor count, heat, or lack thereof really does make a difference, not to mention 2gb of memory over 1gb is CRAZY huge.

Either way, I'm very very very close to going and getting an ATT S3 or T-mo S3 and testing the waters while keeping my VZW... if I can get nearly as good service, or rather, if I can make calls in the same places I usually do and text as well as surf the net, albeit a tad slower, then whatever, I'm tired of big red and it's customer screwing policies, maybe we should #occupy VZW CEO's neighborhood and their corporate offices.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
UG, I feel like I'm almost stuck with Verizon no matter what. My wife still has a year or so on her contract which is our family plan. Sure, it could go down to a single plan, but if i go to ATT, I am suddenly paying over $100 just for myself if I want to be able to text someone and not pay per text. Its $20 for unlimited texting and that is their only option. $60 for the minimal voice and $30 for the 3 gig data. If I stay with verizon, I am essentially half of our payment and thats $70 for unlimited data (i'm grandfathered in), 700 shared minutes which we barely use and we have unlimited texting already. So if I left and she stayed with Verizon since she has to, we would be paying almost $200 a month which is $60 more than we pay now.

I am always doing stuff to my phone, well, used to. My DX is quite old and the options aren't like they used to be, but with the S3, I want to have all my options available. I mean, if I went in and paid for it out right, they should unlock it, but won't. I want to know that if in 6 months an unlock will be made available.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry i speak Spanish too. But, touch screen keyboard isn't my cup of tea, when it come to tying.