Not open for further replies.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow.

Take it easy.

Not everyone knows everything about everything. That's why we post on a forum.

If you tether, remember this statement: "You gotta pay to play."

Very much the tune that VZW is now singing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and if I misunderstood your post, I apologize. Not necessarily a bad day yet, but when I see several threads starting to go this way, I know it's going to make for a crappy night. I actually usually agree with you and have defended your same positions in several other threads. The main point is this just dropped out of the blue so we may have to rethink things. Not many of the staff are online right now, so I've been catching a lot of these threads myself until we can see what the final outcome is going to be.

Absolutely and there's nothing wrong with that. And I understand what you say about the threads, you gotta deal with idiots like me all day so I know that's annoying haha.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Also a heads up, Wireless Tether seems to be gone from the Market. Can anyone else confirm this? Not surprising since the last few updates were basically what Verizons paid service was but for free. Seeing as though that PDANet and EasyTether are still there I doubt that they, or the old versions of Wireless Tether are doing anything wrong.

Just a few months ago when my g/f upgraded to a Droid the manager of the store installed PDANet on her phone and laptop and detailed how to use them both. I found it extremely odd, but whatever works.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Why you mad tho?

The Mad Rapper said:
You wanna know why, yo first of all, yo first of all you can't be askin me no question knowhatI'msayin who the **** is you? YouknowhatI'msayin? You can't be askin me no question. I'mma tell you why I'm mad, YouknowhatI'msayin? I'mma tell you why I'm mad. I'mma tell you why I'm mad. These n*ggas is makin five hundred thousand dollar videos, yunusayin? They drivin around in hot cars, yunusayin? They got b*t*hes, they got all that ****. YouknowhatI'msayin? I'm still livin with my MOMS, ouknowhatI'msayin? That's my word. Yunusayin? I'm makin records I ain't made no money yet. I done made this is my fourth album yo, this my FOURTH ALBUM. I ain't made a dime yet. This n*gg* made one album, he makin wild records. That "Ready to Die" ****, it was aight, it was aight, Yunumsayin, that **** was aight, it was cool. But my **** is more John Blaze than that! I got John Blaze ****. And they not recognizing, they not sayin I recognize. And **** is that, who is you to be askin me questions, youknowhatI'msayin? Who is you?

Sorry, couldn't resist! :icon_ banana:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Also a heads up, Wireless Tether seems to be gone from the Market. Can anyone else confirm this? Not surprising since the last few updates were basically what Verizons paid service was but for free.

At this point, I looked and it and PDANet were definitely gone. I did still see EasyTether and Barnacle still showing up. Not sure if they are actually in the process of removing them all or if they were targeting very specific apps with very specific capabilities.

crypto

Reaction score
Also a heads up, Wireless Tether seems to be gone from the Market. Can anyone else confirm this? Not surprising since the last few updates were basically what Verizons paid service was but for free. Seeing as though that PDANet and EasyTether are still there I doubt that they, or the old versions of Wireless Tether are doing anything wrong.

Just a few months ago when my g/f upgraded to a Droid the manager of the store installed PDANet on her phone and laptop and detailed how to use them both. I found it extremely odd, but whatever works.

droid-life posted about this earlier. Both pdanet and wifi tether are gone. I'm honestly not surprised. Soon enough we'll start seeing apps like root explorer and rom manager being pulled.
The carriers will be controlling pretty much everything on our phones, and if they don't like it or can't make money from it.....it'll be gone

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

droid-life posted about this earlier. Both pdanet and wifi tether are gone. I'm honestly not surprised. Soon enough we'll start seeing apps like root explorer and rom manager being pulled.
The carriers will be controlling pretty much everything on our phones, and if they don't like it or can't make money from it.....it'll be gone

And that will take away some of the appeal of Android if they start locking it down. This is going to be interesting to watch. Hopefully it stops with the tethering apps but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go further.

crypto

Reaction score

And that will take away some of the appeal of Android if they start locking it down. This is going to be interesting to watch. Hopefully it stops with the tethering apps but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go further.

android will eventually become like iOS. It's the circle of life.

Microsoft are the big mean giant corporation....apple comes along being the cool new thing.....Apple becomes the big mean giant corporation....google comes along being the cool new thing........ Google becomes the big mean giant corporation.... microsoft comes along being the cool new thing?

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

How in the world can they justify removing Root Explorer? It has nothing to do with tethering, or anything that can result in some kind of TOS violation.

-Mike

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

android will eventually become like iOS. It's the circle of life.

Microsoft are the big mean giant corporation....apple comes along being the cool new thing.....Apple becomes the big mean giant corporation....google comes along being the cool new thing........ Google becomes the big mean giant corporation.... microsoft comes along being the cool new thing?

Don't be absurd........

It will stay between Android and Apple. :D

crypto

Reaction score

How in the world can they justify removing Root Explorer? It has nothing to do with tethering, or anything that can result in some kind of TOS violation.

-Mike

It's easy. They could say Root explorer allows you to modify your phone to do any number of things they don't like. Remove data throttling, remove bloatware etc.

Why do you think the carriers push for locked bootloaders and disabling root? The fact is they don't want us messing with our phones and doing anything other than what they can control. If they can't control what we do on our device, they can't make the maximum amount of money possible from us the consumer.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's easy. They could say Root explorer allows you to modify your phone to do any number of things they don't like. Remove data throttling, remove bloatware etc.

Why do you think the carriers push for locked bootloaders and disabling root? The fact is they don't want us messing with our phones and doing anything other than what they can control. If they can't control what we do on our device, they can't make the maximum amount of money possible from us the consumer.

True. RIM is also someone who insists on pushing things you may not want on your phone.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

True. RIM is also someone who insists on pushing things you may not want on your phone.

Hook, do you seriously think they could successfully ban Root Explorer from the market? That app has many *legitimate* uses, things that it does very well indeed.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.