Verizon Unlimited Price Break Down.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hate contracts. I'll do the installment plan for the phone, but I will never do a contract again.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
contracts were good to get discounted phones. i got my moto z force for $100 thanks to contract and best buy deal.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I hate contracts. I'll do the installment plan for the phone, but I will never do a contract again.
Now see, to me that is a contract. Just in Verizon's favor to boot us off when they feel like it. We bought our son a new phone for Christmas on an installment plan. Saving $20 a month on the phone and is basically a contract. I can't pay the phone off and get it for what amounts to $400 versus $900 if I bought it outright.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now see, to me that is a contract. Just in Verizon's favor to boot us off when they feel like it. We bought our son a new phone for Christmas on an installment plan. Saving $20 a month on the phone and is basically a contract. I can't pay the phone off and get it for what amounts to $400 versus $900 if I bought it outright.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Eh, I am buying the phone. Can pay it off at anytime. Or I could buy it outright instead if I wanted and have done. If there was interest on the installment plan, I wouldn't use it at all.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, those that were on contract buying discounted phones were paying $480 more for those discounted phones. Those on contract had to pay $40 per line per month for two years instead of the $20 per line that non-contract people pay

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually, those that were on contract buying discounted phones were paying $480 more for those discounted phones. Those on contract had to pay $40 per line per month for two years instead of the $20 per line that non-contract people pay
that's not true. if you were on contract when verizon implemented the extra $20 for unlimited line charge it didn't apply to you as you were still under contract. even better if you locked in the unlimited data $20 discount from 2010 your unlimited access fee is only $10 a month, that's what i'm paying now. you just had to renew the contract every time it was about to expire and no additional charges ever applied. i'm paying same right now, dollar to dollar as i did in 2010 for same service and i never paid more then $300 for new top of the line phone.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I actually went and switched today to T-Mobile all unlimited in USA/Canada/Mexico on 4 lines for $128 after taxes. Saved me about $50 a month and upgraded couple of our limited lines to all unlimited and kept all our Verizon Motorola phones. They seem to work just fine as strange as it sounds.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually went and switched today to T-Mobile all unlimited in USA/Canada/Mexico on 4 lines for $128 after taxes. Saved me about $50 a month and upgraded couple of our limited lines to all unlimited and kept all our Verizon Motorola phones. They seem to work just fine as strange as it sounds.

Good luck. Last person I knew that switched to T-Mobile from Verizon was shocked at the places he had no 4G.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the difference right away. Our phones don't have band 12 which is long range lte that tmo uses so bottom of valleys in hilly areas are dead zones as are insides of large building like a hospital. I might have to find similar phones that include band 12 and support tmo wifi calling. But other then that the speeds on 4g is very comparable.

My 5 year old got a free tmo smartphone that now has unlimited data and better reception then our Verizon phones so she is absolutely happy now hehe. Win some, lose some.