Verizon Smartphone Pricing Roadmap Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-smartphone-mapd.png

Verizon's pricing roadmap for some of their newest and most advanced upcoming smartphones was just leaked. Keep in mind, the prices you see above are the minimum advertised prices that vendors are allowed to display at launch, but they are not necessarily what you may pay at the register. It's important to note that Verizon can and will offer instant discounts, as they are moving away from all the annoying mail-in rebates. Furthermore, you should also be aware that those are not release dates above, just dates that the map must be followed. However, those dates are usually a sign of generally when you might start seeing the device.

Most of the prices are about in line with what we have reported in the past, but it's interesting to see how exorbitantly the Droid Charge is priced. Perhaps there is more to this phone than the industry knows at this time, or maybe it's just a miss-print. Only time will tell.

Source: Droid-Life

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I love my DroidX and the DX2 looks pretty sweet. Of course I'd need final stats on it and the condition of the bootloader, but I've never liked a phone so much before.

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that maybe there's not going to be a Bionic . Whats the deal at this point . I'm tierd of waiting time to move on.

djsiva

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that maybe there's not going to be a Bionic . Whats the deal at this point . I'm tierd of waiting time to move on.

I'm with you; I don't think I can wait any longer. I'm probably going to end up with the TB.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The prices on the Inc2 and X2 indicates that they will definitely not be LTE. Also no Droid 3, although perhaps it is too far out to make the list.

Reaction score

loki993

Reaction score
No Bionic. BOO!!!!!!

the bionic is strangely absent
Bravo to motorola for putting up the most in depth aprils fools joke ever. And you thought you were all getting bionics : )

meh, no big deal to me really. Ive pretty much decided Im just gonna get something to hold me over until the end of the year and see if the quad cores are out. I get another discount in november so that should be a hundred off of whatever I get. Unless the tired pricing is announced and its stupid expensive.

shdowman

Reaction score

Most of the prices are about in line with what we have reported in the past, but it's interesting to see how exorbitantly the Droid Charge is priced. Perhaps there is more to this phone than the industry knows at this time, or maybe it's just a miss-print. Only time will tell.

Source: Droid-Life

Nope...VZW has officially gone BatS@#T Crazy.

DROID Charge Price Tags Show Up at Wal-mart Stores, is $298.88 Far Too High? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Here is my take on things...

Since they are not going "allow" you to lock in a 2-yr deal with 4G at the unlimited pricing (before it goes tiered) then you will pay dearly.

Top this with everything other greedy nonsense they are pulling, I am sure that I am not a fan of VZW any more. :(

mach330

Reaction score
aren't we pass these dates now? i don't see any of these new phones now.

n660623x

Reaction score
Noone will pay for a samsung phone anymore since samsung and verizon do not support much needed android upgrades....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

DroidLuva

Reaction score
No Bionic. BOO!!!!!!

I know. I was told 2nd Quarter 2011 (which is April - June) and everything I have been reading says 2nd quarter 2011, but Verizon said they have no knowledge of a release date...........

That is the phone I want. I just made a lateral change from an original Droid to a Droid X which I really like better than the Droid.

I really want that Bionic. ***sigh***

Drosul

Reaction score
Guys the Bionic has/is being/been cancelled. Check phone arena.

Phone Arena is just echoing hearsay posts from insiders @ howard forums, and android central.

The current talk is that the Bionic as we know it, is LIKELY canceled, to be replaced by the upcoming "Targa" (code name, similiar to Bionic's orig codename "etna"). The "Targa" would likely then be released under the name Bionic, later in the year (3rd quarter seems likely). The reasoning for this, seems to be going back to hardware issues, strangely forshadowed a while back about the Bionic having an "unfixable flaw"... Namely problems with the processor, the swapping between LTE/3g radios, and battery life.

The good news, is that NONE OF THIS IS YET CONFIRMED BY AN OFFICIAL SOURCE. Officially, the story is that this phone is still coming in 2nd Quarter this year.

The bad news, is that these insiders have the kind of track records to where it might as well be official.

And then the tinfoil hat section:Take into account that Verizon may be withholding the announcement of a delay, until this Monday, to prevent too many Bionic hold outs from Jumping on the 1 year Tbolt contacts which expire Sunday. After Sunday, they're free to announce a delay, and rope everyone into 2 year renewals on the Tbolt. Finally something else to consider is that the "unlimited 4g" contracts are RUMORED to be ending at the end of April, giving Big red even more incentive to delay the release of info, and keep as many bionic hold outs in limbo until May.