Verizon Offer Nets You 2GB of Free Data/Month 'for life' with a New XL or XXL Plan

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i have unlimited data and my bill went up 20 dollars this month thats complete bull for verizon saying for life

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
i have unlimited data and my bill went up 20 dollars this month thats complete bull for verizon saying for life
They never claimed unlimited data was for life or that the price for it was locked in for life that I ever saw.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They never claimed unlimited data was for life or that the price for it was locked in for life that I ever saw.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I never saw it either and I've had UDP since 2004.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What's encouraging is there is a trend at VZW, however small, toward more data for less $$$. If they do take away unlimited at some point, at least maybe affordable plans will be available with decent amounts of data.

And 5G could be a game changer - at least 30-50X faster. That means VZW could give everyone 10X the data for the same price and still have a gigantic increase in capacity. In fact, we'll probably start seeing real competition for internet because they could, in theory, offer 200GB plans for less than $100 (remember, that's including your mobile data, too) to compete with home broadband.

VZW supposed to be among the first to start rolling out 5G in 2017 (I'm sure that gets pushed into 2018).

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We are stuck on the share everything plan and get the big discount on the per line access so the amount really jumps up every month to switch to the XL plan. We have 10 Gb's and usually do ok. We have 3 lines on it and I burn through around 80% of the data each month on my own.

I may have to crunch some numbers on this though as I would really like to be able to stream more music and things when I am on the road.
Miller my man.....you're wishing you would've kept that UDP now aren'tcha?
I know I know.....You had that "INeedaNewPhoneNow" itch you just had to scratch huh? LOL

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I know I know.....You had that "INeedaNewPhoneNow" itch you just had to scratch huh? LOL

S5 tap'n
I really don't need more data since we do have wifi at home. But it would be nicer to not have to not stream music when or as I want.

Note 4tified

Reactions: cr6

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

S5 tap'n

Heck, I'm wishing I had an unlimited plan for my tablet, had added a device to my plan (for the smartwatch I'm getting). Granted, I can and DO live without data for each (and can always tether).

Reactions: cr6