Verizon network STILL dropping

cybric

Reaction score
Now I need to decide if I keep the new refurb that vz sent me or send it back since they said it was my phone and there were no data issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
Now I need to decide if I keep the new refurb that vz sent me or send it back since they said it was my phone and there were no data issues.

If the issues were truly with the phones, you can bet on the fact that VZW would pull the problem phones from sales.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
@nate. Good call on big red not pulling bionic. After all the wasted hours reading these posts. That's one thought I never realized.
Like most people here I love the bionic when it works properly. Just frustrated by vz not admitting to trouble. BTW I am traveling to 3g only area and for the first time since sept I have no data drops. Go figure..

Sent from my solid 3g slowness

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I got 3g today but no 4g

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
In San Diego, CA, I had 4G yesterday morning, but it's been only 3G since then.

UPDATE: It came back by 3pm.

Last edited:

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
No 4g for two days, 3g is working when I get any signal at all... Louisville, KY

Usually have rock solid 4g all over town

OP
rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
I restarted my device and the 4g is back on

thunderklees

Reaction score
I have had crappy data since i bought this bionic phone. I have called customer service several times to report problems and they gave me solutions like if the website is not available it may be down and try a different website. I have the new software update and I have pulled the sim card and done a restore.They offered to switch my bionic for an LG revolution. I am ready to go back to stupid phones. I am sick of paying $200 a month for phones that do not work properly. How is T-mobiles service?

ripper2860

Reaction score
Very interesting info from a member named CDMAEngineer. States he has worked for Qualcomm for many years and is an expert in CDMA Data networks. Has some very candid and interesting comments regarding VZ, their Network, and how they are handling matters. Just a few posts from him so far, but a very interesting read. I'm certainly mot in a position to comment on the veracity of his posts, but it is interesting.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...4g-3g-1x-signal-only-wifi-28.html#post1944358

Last edited:

HTC1

Reaction score
I have a Rezound. No drop outs but goes from 4g to 1x no 3g

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I am day 4(?) with no data at all, if it comes back on I have it for less than a minute. I am getting very frustrated. I will be calling them and better get money back for this month. How much longer do we have to deal with this crap? Its a great phone other than that. I hope the new ota will come out soon.....
Mike

scknoll123

Reaction score
The Bionic is the problem. I live just outside Chicago and we had another loss of data (4th this month). I call Verizon and they said that most of the people calling were using the bionic, my co-worker standing next to me with the Thunderbolt had his 4g. That update did nothing I still lose data all the time