Verizon Mail on Droid Maxx

ronryan1

Reaction score
I am unable to get Verizon Email account to work on my new Droid Maxx. Setting from Droid Razr were used on the Maxx and I keep getting a "user log in or password not correct". Has anyone solved this problem?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
First, triple check for typos. Then, what kind of security are you using? This is most likely human error, been there done that.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
R

ronryan1

Reaction score
Tried repeatedly for two days now. I saw on another site that others have had this problem also, but no one posted a solution that works.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe try to log onto Verizon via computer, and possibly recover your password. Also mightn't work in you set it up automatically. It doesn't know the modified security settings

OP
R

ronryan1

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe try to log onto Verizon via computer, and possibly recover your password. Also mightn't work in you set it up automatically. It doesn't know the modified security settings

I can log in from any computer with no problem at all. I just have been unable to set up the account on my new Droid Maxx using the same credentials and following step by step the illustrated directions on the Verizon website and on the Motorola website.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I'd be a bit irate, to! I wonder if the Verizon log-in app is/isn't doing anything.

OP
R

ronryan1

Reaction score
I just disconnected from Motorola support and they were unable to fix my problem. UGH!

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Sorry, but not too surprised. They like to do a factory reset and that really does anything good.

OP
R

ronryan1

Reaction score
Found a solution with the help for Motorola level 2 support. Logged in as a Yahoo account (since my Verizon email was set up through Yahoo) with my Verizon log in and password and it worked on the Yahoo Mail app.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
'Through Yahoo' AHHhhhh!!! That also explains why it worked with the Yahoo mail app. Thought it was a direct-from-Verizon issue.

OP
R

ronryan1

Reaction score
'Through Yahoo' AHHhhhh!!! That also explains why it worked with the Yahoo mail app. Thought it was a direct-from-Verizon issue.

What's interesting is that neither Verizon nor Motorola thought to ask me if my Verizon email was through Verizon direct or through Verizon via Yahoo. When I got Fios, that's the first thing the installer asked me was how I wanted to get my email. Being a long time Yahoo user, that's what I selected. On all my previous Droid phones from Verizon, that was never an issue. Had I not volunteered that information after several unsuccessful tries by the level 2 support person, I'd still be trying.