Droid MAXX Cases

meatball_hoagie

Reaction score
I'm using the Incipio Dualpro right now. I think it affords enough protection, though it's adds a little more to the phone's dimensions than I'd like. I also used the TUDIA Slim Melody TPU, which was a bit thinner but the fit and finish didn't do it for me. Next up is the Diztronic TPU and maybe the Bumper or Reveal case.

I also ordered the leather swivel holster designed for the Z30. I hear it's a pretty tight fit with the Z30 but I'm hoping I can squeeze the Maxx in there with a thin case on it. I previously bought and returned the Staples universal holster because, while it fit the phone OK, the belt clip is static which won't work for me.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Incipio Dualpro right now. I think it affords enough protection, though it's adds a little more to the phone's dimensions than I'd like. I also used the TUDIA Slim Melody TPU, which was a bit thinner but the fit and finish didn't do it for me. Next up is the Diztronic TPU and maybe the Bumper or Reveal case.

I got the bumper originally, and I disliked it. The sides are kinda flimsy, and the back scratches so easily. Used a tpu case up until I got the Incipio DualPro and I'm loving this one.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

doogald

Reaction score
Wow, that's so weird. I used the bumper for months and the back is completely scratch-free. I haven't tried to deliberately scratch it, but it seems pretty scratch resistant.

Weirdly, though, I don't care about cosmetic scratching to anything but the display. That I want scratch free. The rest of it can scratch all it wants. I think old, scratched up devices look pretty good, actually.

I switched the Griffin Reveal mainly because the bumper case was not flimsy, but stiff, and pressing the power and volume buttons took more pressure than the bare phone does.

It's weird that our opinions of the bumper case are so divergent. When I discovered the bumper case I thought it was going to be like the ones Apple used to sell for the iPhone 4 and 4S, so maybe that's why I don't think it flimsy.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I too have been using the Incipio dual pro. I've had it on since I bought the phone and I like it just fine, but to each his or her own.

rugby1

Reaction score
I too have been using the Incipio dual pro. I've had it on since I bought the phone and I like it just fine, but to each his or her own.

Picked up the Dual Pro at the VZW store. Liked it better than the Speck. They had the otterboxes as well, but I wanted to try something different. No patience to wait for the Trident shipping time....might buy the Cruzerlite to mix it up.....Loving this phone!

meatball_hoagie

Reaction score
Received the Z30 holster yesterday. Fits the phone perfectly without a case, but there's no way it's squeezing in there with any conventional case on it. Looks like the Dualpro will be seeing the most usage. I don't think I'd feel confident handling the phone with anything thinner than that.

haymakergroup

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Maxx
Twitter
haymakergroup
I went with a Otter Box Commuter but I added some texture to the back and sides to make it alot more grippy.. Love it, over nothing on it and dropping it from my knee and cracking the screen...

oid

Reaction score
Just getting a Droid Maxx. The Qmadix Droid 3 cover/holster was good and it slipped out of the holster and went right into the windshield mount, but alas, my Droid 3 is finally toast. Whats a good case/holster that will offer decent protection and fit into a windshield mount without making the phone the size of a dictionary or am i asking for too much? I was looking at the the Incipio but i dont know if it will mate up with a windshield mount.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just getting a Droid Maxx. The Qmadix Droid 3 cover/holster was good and it slipped out of the holster and went right into the windshield mount, but alas, my Droid 3 is finally toast. Whats a good case/holster that will offer decent protection and fit into a windshield mount without making the phone the size of a dictionary or am i asking for too much? I was looking at the the Incipio but i dont know if it will mate up with a windshield mount.
If you are using the Griffin car dock, the case has to be very thin for the Maxx to fit. Mine does not fit in the car dock with the standard Verizon kickstand case. It does fit with a thin Diztronic TPU case, and even then its a tight fit. The Griffin car dock seems like it was designed for a phone with no case.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

oid

Reaction score
It looks like there is no Droid Maxx solution for a case that offers sufficient protection, has a belt clip and can be used with a car mount that is powered. Is that true??

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Would I have any better luck going with the Droid Turbo?
I'm not sure if anyone is making car docks for the Turbo...or if it even has a Dock Mode. I am out shopping with my daughters right now. When I get home, I will try my Maxx in the Verizon kickstand case and car dock and let you know if it is possible. Are you looking to use the Griffin car dock?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oid

Reaction score
Im not necessarily wanting to use the Griffin car dock, just trying to find something that works. It has received abysmal reviews.